Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Puntsphere Rumours.

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Yeah, fixed for 5 years and I heard it could be closer to £20million

Teh fook is £20-25million going to buy in five years time.
    Indeed.

Sir A has spent that type of money on one player, on more than one occasion.

How are you fixed for youngsters coming thro'. We have a number of really good prospects at Paradise.
    None that are outstanding, however a few in the Darren Fletcher mould who could do a job in the Premiership. The reserves won their league this year and watching them on MUTV was sometimes more entertaining than seeing the firsts

Having said that, Beckham was a late bloomer as was Scholes so the best from the current reserves are worth perservereing with; Blake, Rossi and Eagles all looked impressive.

It looks as if we're going to have to rely on the acadamy for a few years - a sell to buy scenario.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    You did that before tho' didn't you.

A shedload of good boys who won the Youth FA cup and so forth as I recall.

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi

It would be a dream for that to happen again, I fear it's a once in a lifetime thing tho' - unless you're old enough to remember the Busby Babes. I think my Dad might be

Just been reading in the paper about Strachan's plans. Seems he wants to keep those recently out of contract, Lennon and McNamara, and has already held 'positive' talks with Bellamy. He wasn't so forthcoming concerning transfer targets but I suppose that's to be expected.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

It would be a dream for that to happen again, I fear it's a once in a lifetime thing tho' - unless you're old enough to remember the Busby Babes. I think my Dad might be

Just been reading in the paper about Strachan's plans. Seems he wants to keep those recently out of contract, Lennon and McNamara, and has already held 'positive' talks with Bellamy. He wasn't so forthcoming concerning transfer targets but I suppose that's to be expected.
    I'm (just) old enough to remember when Celtic won the European cup. The furthest away from Glasgow any of the Team was born was 35 miles.

I think the young English talent is there and that most of them would be willing to go to United. You just have to get the scouts finding them early enough. The problem now is that success must be instant. The days of building a team seem to be gone, certainly for the massive clubs like yourself.

Good news on the Strachan front. Lennon and McNamara are two I wouldn't like to lose. If he can also keep Bellamy that would be great. Like I said the vast bulk of fans would want him to stay.

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I'm (just) old enough to remember when Celtic won the European cup. The furthest away from Glasgow any of the Team was born was 35 miles.
    Feck, was it really! We don't even get a team of Englishmen competeing in the Premiership these days, tho' I'm pretty sure the entire Rhyl side were born and bred locally. That once in a lifetime thing, I was referring specifically to United, the freakishness of Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Butt and the Nevilles coming thro' is something I don't expect to see again.

As I said, I hope Bellamy stays, I do like him as a player and he always does his best for Wales, unlike certain other individuals. I don't expect a top-six club to take a chance on his temperament so for me him staying at Celtic makes sense instead of going to the likes of Aston Villa or Middlesboro'.

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Word on the street is that Man U are showing and interest in Aunty Niemi, with Roy Carrol leaving.

Previous associated rumour is that Celtic were also interested in Niemi, did I mention that B4.

I think he's a great keeper, but we are fecked if you chaps want him.

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Also they are interested in Buffon, but his price is £35m, which is slightly over budget.

They being Man U

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Is it true or also a rumour that Balde is joining Bayern Munich?
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    Also they are interested in Buffon, but his price is £35m, which is slightly over budget.

They being Man U
    I thought you meant the Hoops for a minute

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by nostalgia
    Is it true or also a rumour that Balde is joining Bayern Munich?
    I think it's practically signed, sealed and delivered, mate.

He's said that he wants to go there but there are other clubs hovering too.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast