Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Puntsphere Rumours.

manker's Avatar effendi
    I hear Liverpool are selling Baros and buying Crouch

Two million seems fair for Niemi. He was touted at around four and a half million this time last year.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Sports Club   -   #32
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    The prob with Crouch is that teams must be tempted to go for the long ball all the time.

It seems ther are a couple of Premiership teams interested in Niemi now, so we can start looking for another keeper.

We do have Marshall so it's not a desperation thing.

3. Sports Club   -   #33
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Why are you selling Rab Douglas, btw?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

4. Sports Club   -   #34
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Why are you selling Rab Douglas, btw?
    I don't know if we are selling him, I think the contract is up and he is not being offered another. That and the fact that he was second to Marshall for protracted periods may have encouraged him away.

I think they reckon that a better keeper is required to build the team around. Bearing in mind that Marshall is still very young.

The stats are something like, in 38 (league) games we lost 35 goals and rangers lost 22. So their goal diff was higher than ours, due to the goals conceded, though we scored quite a few more.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

5. Sports Club   -   #35
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Ah, I see. Much the same reason as t'mighty reds, then. The reason I ask is because I've seen Douglas in goal quite a few times recently and he definitely doesn't live up to the stereotype.

6. Sports Club   -   #36
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    could someone explain whats happening with manchester united being owned (70%+) by the american guy who owns tampa bay bucaneers. espn was talking about man u fans getting scared but i had to go.

7. Sports Club   -   #37
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    could someone explain whats happening with manchester united being owned (70%+) by the american guy who owns tampa bay bucaneers. espn was talking about man u fans getting scared but i had to go.
    Man Utd getting pwned by some American is about right

Here is a thread about it.

8. Sports Club   -   #38
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    It seems ther are a couple of Premiership teams interested in Niemi now, so we can start looking for another keeper.

We do have Marshall so it's not a desperation thing.
    Yesterday we signed Van Der Sar. Great 'keeper but he's thirty fecking four.

Not too sure whether that'll end our forray into the 'keeper market or whether he's to be a stop gap - like when we bought Goram or Sealey a few years back.

9. Sports Club   -   #39
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I heard the rumour and was going to post it, obviously more than a rumour then.

34 is nothing for a keeper nowadays. I don't think he was bought as a stop gap he's too good for that. What type of contract did you give him.

10. Sports Club   -   #40
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    I heard the rumour and was going to post it, obviously more than a rumour then.

34 is nothing for a keeper nowadays. I don't think he was bought as a stop gap he's too good for that. What type of contract did you give him.
    No details have been released as yet, the fee is also undisclosed.

Schmeichel is the benchmark I would use for 'keepers and he left United at 35, I think 2 years is all Van De Sar would have left playing in the Premiership before his reflexes started to dull to the extent he couldn't perform to top-class standards.

I'm wondering if we've only got him before making a bid for a different 'keeper in the Jan transfer window - alternatively as a short term measure before Tim Howard fulfils the potential that Fergie obviously thinks he has.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast