Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeless people should not be able to have dogs.

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Now i dont care what you guys think, or how mean this sounds but homeless people shouldnt be able to own dogs.

I was in toronto for a school trip today, and our teachers tell us to go wonder for a few hours. So im walking down queen street (by the much music building) and i see this homeless guy. So i just walk past him and i only have 5$ and thats for lunch. So we walk past him and my friends all go "awwwwww" turns out he has this poor little bull mastif pup. The things no bigger than a foot tall. At that age puppies need the propper nutrition and care, and a homeless guy cant give that. Its cold outside.

Now i know these people need a friend, but its just not fair for the puppy. But this dog should be with a family that can buy him food, clean water, toys and shelter.

Seing all thse homeless people really got to me, i tried to give everyone of them money but i ran out. I ended up giving out cupons for subway. I friggin hate toronto now.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    That beggar probably takes better care than alot of "normal" people.
    Some humans should be shot for what they do to dogs.
    I will not elaborate on things ive seen.
    Last edited by 99%; 05-12-2005 at 08:18 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    Now i dont care what you guys think, or how mean this sounds but homeless people shouldnt be able to own dogs.

I was in toronto for a school trip today, and our teachers tell us to go wonder for a few hours. So im walking down queen street (by the much music building) and i see this homeless guy. So i just walk past him and i only have 5$ and thats for lunch. So we walk past him and my friends all go "awwwwww" turns out he has this poor little bull mastif pup. The things no bigger than a foot tall. At that age puppies need the propper nutrition and care, and a homeless guy cant give that. Its cold outside.

Now i know these people need a friend, but its just not fair for the puppy. But this dog should be with a family that can buy him food, clean water, toys and shelter.

Seing all thse homeless people really got to me, i tried to give everyone of them money but i ran out. I ended up giving out cupons for subway. I friggin hate toronto now.
    I don't know, animals need love, and I'm sure they do get it. I wouldn't be surprised if they get treated better than the average household pet.

As far as it getting to you, this might sound a bit harsh, but when you live there, and see it every day, you become almost oblivious to it. Thick skin and all that.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Im sure they do love them, but they are not getting the physical care they need.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You gotta ask yourself what the dog would get if he wasn't with the homeless person. They normally pick up with stray dogs who don't have a home anyway, it's not like the dog's got anywhere else to go.

Here the dog would normally get picked up by the authorities and given a certain amount of time for a new owner to come get him. If this doesn't happen then the dog is normally humanely killed. There are organisations which don't do this but in the main the dog's going to be put down.

I don't reckon it would bother a dog that much being outside, a human is much less prepared for cold weather. Plus the homeless guy is with the dog 24 hours a day, presumably giving him love and attention - if not much food. Maybe it's better than the alternative.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    FFS is this a wind up.

You see a homeless person and you're biggest concern is whether the dog is properly looked after.

Stop feckin' anthropomorphizing, it's a dog. It needs food, water and exercise. If it doesn't get the proper food, tough. It's unlikely that the homeless person gets a proper diet either. Loads of animals don't get a proper diet. Loads of humans die every day from starvation, or disease.

In fact, here's an idea, let him eat the dog. Good meal for him and the dog out of it's misery.

Pish like this really gets my goat.

Person > Dog.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Manchild,

I think we were replying at roughly the same time.

I may have been a tad more harsh than thou.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Manchild,

I think we were replying at roughly the same time.

I may have been a tad more harsh than thou.

Damn, my benevolence for the day - squished.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The reason the dog is there is so that you will say 'Awe the shame' and donate money. It is just a prop. If it does not earn enough it will go the same way as a lot of greyhounds and pigeons that dont earn enough. It will be replaced with another 'cuddly' wee thing.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    FFS is this a wind up.

You see a homeless person and you're biggest concern is whether the dog is properly looked after.

Stop feckin' anthropomorphizing, it's a dog. It needs food, water and exercise. If it doesn't get the proper food, tough. It's unlikely that the homeless person gets a proper diet either. Loads of animals don't get a proper diet. Loads of humans die every day from starvation, or disease.

In fact, here's an idea, let him eat the dog. Good meal for him and the dog out of it's misery.

Pish like this really gets my goat.

Person > Dog.
    they could share your goat

anyway, i reckon a dog has no qualms about eating food off the pavement. they probably have the same or better diet eating scraps all day than the balls and bones you get in a tin of dog food

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast