Thread: Encoding Question

I suppose this is more Software than about the file itself so im posting it in here.

Basically i have 3 files, each 700mb or the Liverpool - Ac Milan Champions League Final and i want to turn it into a dvd.

So i did what i always do, put it through DVD Santa, only problem is the quality wasn't that great and for some reason the video stopped playing about 10 minutes into the 3rd file.

I tried AVI DivX MPEG to DVD Converter & Burner and it makes the video file have a sqweeky sound, much like the doomed RIAA music files on Kazaa.

The reason DVD Santa gave out a poor quality file was because the original video files are 640X352 resolution and in DVD Santa you can only choose 3 different settings, none of which are anywhere near the ratio of resolution my video file is.

So alas im stuck, each file is 50 minutes long so it goes wel over the limit Nero sets. i just want these files encoded into DVD compliant VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folders so i can burn a copy for myself and one for me pa, while keeping the quality as good as possible.

Any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Try using TMPGEnc to encode it to DVD format. Extract the audio track first with VirtualDub and have TMPGEnc sync the audio file and video together to see if that gives you better quality.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    you should join them then use vso divxtodvd

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    If he joins the 3 files the output will end up corrupted. Maxium file size for .avi files is 2 gigs.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    Quote Originally Posted by namzuf9
    If he joins the 3 files the output will end up corrupted. Maxium file size for .avi files is 2 gigs.
    really? why?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I'm not 100% sure to be honest. I think it has something to do with how the files header handles the infomation within the file.