Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If your in a totally sealed room....

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    light particle
    Yup.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    some Dude/dess once said "i am the light" and then left it for all humans to try to understand.
    Later some other dude(dess) said " get out of my shadow" at which - he /she beat the shit out of you n order to move.
    Light is the essence of our existence (yes that means you too webworld)

btw enoughfakefiles did your present thought relate to recent viewing of mibII ?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 99%
    btw enoughfakefiles did your present thought relate to recent viewing of mibII ?
    Erm... no, i do have an answer though.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles
    , i do have an answer though.
    oh wise saddhu please grant us the answer to your wisdom- where does the light go?
    (and please donęt tell us that the light is found in our hearts or else i will puke oh wise gurusaddhuwise one)

5. Lounge   -   #15
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    You can only perceive reflected light. Ergo when you switch the source of light out there is no light to reflect.
    The question didn't relate to it's perception, it related to the light itself.

Where does the light go, not how is it then perceived.
    Assuming the room is perfectly sealed. I should say impossible to achieve, otherwise you would not be able to light the room. The the room will remain lit until it is absorbed by the light source. At the speed of light I should not imagine that would take long.
    Last edited by bigboab; 05-31-2005 at 10:07 PM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    The question didn't relate to it's perception, it related to the light itself.

Where does the light go, not how is it then perceived.
    Assuming the room is perfectly sealed. I should say impossible to achieve, otherwise you would not be able to light the room. The the room will remain lit until it is absorbed by the light source. At the speed of light I should not imagine that would take long.
    The light must all stay in the room, it's obvious.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    the source of the light has to be constant
    if the light flashes /as you say bigboab) for a mere second it will last a mere secend depending on the distance of the walls +%&¤#=to the eye it will always be a mere second
    sound probably has the same effect but prpably lasts longer due to vibrations (wall dependency)
    hence solution equals = plug ipod in ear sockets and always wear shades for maximum effect.

n0ob physics at work
    Last edited by 99%; 05-31-2005 at 10:12 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1

The light must all stay in the room, it's obvious.
    Prove it.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    This is some tripppy stuff man
    Last edited by ziggyjuarez; 05-31-2005 at 10:18 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Oh FFS

Right

Light is either a particle or a wave (energy), it is known as the duality of light.

If it is a particle and the room is perfectly sealed then it cannot leave the room. Remember we are discussing a hypothetical here, where the room is perfectly sealed.

If it is a wave then it bumps into a physical object, most of the energy is absorbed by the particles it hits, we see what is reflected. So something red absorbs all of the energy except the red. Which is then reflected away and absorbed elsewhere.

The room becomes dark, but all of the light is still there, either as particles or as energy.

Which part of that is hard to understand.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast