Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with filesharingtalk.com

I have a problem with the site. For some reason I can connect to http://www.filesharingtalk.com but cannot connect to https://filesharingtalk.com. This makes it difficult for me to view the forum and site. Anyway in finding out why its like this, how I can connect to that address to let me view the forum correctly. Im not sure if its blocked on my end or theirs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Image of pinging the adresses posted.

Help :-( (i cant even view the smilies!!)

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    How long have you had this problem?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Is there any chance this is happening just at a momentary point when the forum was slow perhaps...

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    It could just be a temporary problem with your local DNS server. Both addresses work fine for me.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    It would seem it on your end perhaps...
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Also wondering while talking to rossco if theres any chnace you have anything like...
    Code:
    127.0.0.1       filesharingtalk.com
    in your host file as I notice while testing it will block that but not www it seems.
    It would be very odd and slim that thats the issue though...

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    I've had this problems for months (old time member). Reality where would I find the host file?

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    its the "hosts" file without extension

Windows XP = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
    Windows 2K = C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
    Win 98\ME = C:\WINDOWS

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Sorry, lol cant find the edit button (if there is one probably a pic which hasnt loaded) but since I've I havent been able to access the board address for so long I think it woudnt be a DNS thing.. I could be wrong though.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalBurn
    Sorry, lol cant find the edit button (if there is one probably a pic which hasnt loaded) but since I've I havent been able to access the board address for so long I think it woudnt be a DNS thing.. I could be wrong though.
    Can you see this which is at www.filesharingtalk.com

Can you see this which is at filesharingtalk.com

My guess is you can see the first but not the second which oddly does sound like something that would be related to the hosts file. Look where 99% mentioned to look above and open it worth notepad and see if theres possibly an entry in there relating to the forum perhaps.

Im also wondering who your ISP is as Ive had others mention similar issues regarding only being able to connect to addys with www as it may have at the ISP level or some filter or block at that level or built in somewhere within their browser as it may have been AOL that I last heard something like this on.

If the other stuff above dosent seem to figure this out for you then I would defiantly call your ISP and let them know exactly whats going on since form what I see both should resolve exactly the same and this is operantly not a problem that others are having...
    Last edited by RealitY; 06-02-2005 at 05:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast