Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast

Thread: BattleField 2

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i've found closing msn stops a few of them. they seem to occur when the popup message (someone signed in or sent a message)

the best way to find a server without crashing your pc is to alt-tab to all-seeing eye then do your search in there and manually type the ip in BF2

to think how long this was delayed you'd think they'd get it right

2. Games   -   #142
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    i've found closing msn stops a few of them. they seem to occur when the popup message (someone signed in or sent a message)

the best way to find a server without crashing your pc is to alt-tab to all-seeing eye then do your search in there and manually type the ip in BF2

Why would that make a difference? I would be connecting to the same server either way. ((Cracked)) I read something about maybe the CD crack was allowing for the random crashes. I have to run frigging everything at Low quality. I would at least to run at 1024x768 and High texture quality. THATS IT!. But nooo.

3. Games   -   #143
    JMK's Avatar Blah
    So what gun do you guys think is the best to unlock?

4. Games   -   #144
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989

Why would that make a difference? I would be connecting to the same server either way. ((Cracked)) I read something about maybe the CD crack was allowing for the random crashes. I have to run frigging everything at Low quality. I would at least to run at 1024x768 and High texture quality. THATS IT!. But nooo.
    i own the game. the server list is really dodgy. it rarely pings servers and it will say slots are free on servers when they aren't; therefore the best way to get in a game is run battlefield 2 then at the multiplayer screen alt-tab to ASE and find a decent server in that, memorize the IP or write it down then alt-tab back to the game and "connect to ip"... join. way more successful than trying to use the built in server list.

how do you mean random crashes? i've had a good few while trying to refresh serverlist, a couple while joining games, a few random disconnects, and one blue-screen-of-death. the first two can be avoided using ASE, i think the second may be when other people in the house decide to use all the internet bandwidth and the last has only happened once in 30 hours gameplay so i think that's a one-off :fingerscrossed:

the game does sometimes stall for about 10 seconds while i'm playing, i'm pretty sure that's down to msn messenger trying to be 'always on top'.

5. Games   -   #145
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Damn I can't wait to buy this shit...

6. Games   -   #146

Stop complaing and buy the game, i don't see you making mult million pound selling computer games, i see you siting on your ass complaining.

7. Games   -   #147
    I have to run frigging everything at Low quality. I would at least to run at 1024x768 and High texture quality. THATS IT!. But nooo.
    huh?

8. Games   -   #148
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    I have to run frigging everything at Low quality. I would at least to run at 1024x768 and High texture quality. THATS IT!. But nooo.
    so you just want to run a brand spanking new, just out, game, with huge/massive open playing areas and lots and lots of varied activity going on all at once all over the shop with a fairly big sized resolution and all the eye candy on high and you want this from a 'free' (assuming you need cracked servers for a cracked game) game........not much to ask for i suppose

btw if you like this kinda game it is def worth buying, you will defo get your moneys worth and then some there are hours of playability and new maps/mods/skins will appear. As gepper says there are a few 'glitches' which will hopefully get ironed out by patches, but it certainly doesn't get in the way of you having a great time playing the game.Each day more and more servers crop up and it seems more and more ranked (on which i get my ass kicked) servers. Doesn't appear to be many peeps utilising the voip system though which is a shame i think. In fact communication of any sort between team mates is scarce even taking into consideration that peeps you 'meet' on the web speak different languages, the inbuilt command system deals with that with a point click communication type thingy.
    Last edited by (>Zero Cool<); 06-30-2005 at 03:14 AM.

9. Games   -   #149
    Money Fist's Avatar Che-Che get the yayo
    cant wait for version 1.1 (few weeks)
    trust me
    alot of things are gonna get tweaked/changed
    also a few compatibility issues may be fixed
    as well are the server menu

you can make it link direct to your profile too
    ow also that BF2 stat sig site got sold on ebay

to get onto stat servers use the "ranked" filter & "not full" filter
    and keep clicking on the low ping servers (even if it sez 64/64)
    i always get into a server within 25 trys
    Last edited by Money Fist; 06-30-2005 at 10:33 AM.

10. Games   -   #150
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Fist
    cant wait for version 1.1 (few weeks)
    trust me
    alot of things are gonna get tweaked/changed
    also a few compatibility issues may be fixed
    as well are the server menu
    battlefield2

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast