Thread: Windows xp lcoking up problem.

enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    For the past few days now i`ve had a problem with my computer freezing or locking up. When i try to end the program i just get the end now program but it does`nt shut it off it just says it`s not responding.

I`ll then try the ctlr,shift and escape to try to access the task manager to end the program there but it won`t access this also for a while and then all of a sudden it`ll come to wipe everthing off the screen including the task bar and all the icons as if it resets . Then it only loads certain things in the system tray along with the desktop. I thought it was firefox or WMP 10 conflicting with some thing else, but i`ve un-istalled them and then re-installed them but it still does it.

It does come across as to many programs are opening at once and sucking all my ram/cpu power. Is`nt there a thing with xp to type in the cmd promt that checks that all your system program are ok.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by enoughfakefiles; 06-03-2005 at 10:20 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Sounds very similar to the problem I was having last week. Try the help that was given to me here

yo