Thread: Nero Problem

Poster
    Hi everyone

Got a problem, cant get Nero to read my cdr's right. I am trying to burn a film of 716,544 kbs with 90 & 99 min discs. Nero tells me that the disc size is 703 for both 90 & 99 discs. My writer is a cyberdrice 038d which should work & the discs are compatible but I keep getting told there is not enough space on the disc for the file size. I am trying to write a DivX file so programs like VCDEasy wont work. I hav set Nero for overburning, what am I doing wrong.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    To how many minutes have you set overburning?

If theres everything ok, and you want to butn a file you should get a warning thatoverburning can damage your cd recorder..... and if you are sure that you want to use overburning. Just click on ok everything should work then.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Hi

I dont know how much it will overburn by, I have just checked the box in advanced. I tried to uninstal then reinstal Nero but with the discs Im using it now reads 702mg. It should be a lot higher as I am using Infiniti 99 min discs.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    you can use cd speed to test the disks for overburning, just tell it to simulate, note the number it gives when finished, then put this in nero as the overburn amount,

edit: it will be different for each make and type of disk

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    When you check the 'Enable Overburn' box (under Preferences - Expert Features), there should be a text box right below it where you can type in how many minutes you want it to be. If it's not there, maybe you need to get a newer version of Nero.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Found the problem check out Using Nero To Overburn A CD