Thread: Previewing Torrent Files.

Question Mark

I'm downloading a movie and i want to preview it. How do I do that?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Try VideoLan perhaps...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    yep vlc can read everything finish or not

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Do you mean you want to look at the sample that comes with it? If so you need to change the priority of that file to high.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Try VideoLan perhaps...
    that doesnt work, because Bittorrent doesnt download the first parts of a movie first.

You need (if it has multiple rar's) to give the first parts the most priority, then you can extract the movie file (with 'keep broken files' enabled in Winrar)

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Novice
    what I do to preview is I let the movie download a good 70 percent and try to preview it, it will never work if its 15% of a 700mb movie but it will probably work if its 15% of a 30mb movie clip. You basically have to wait until there's a huge chunk of the movie downloaded and then try it with VideoLan. VideoLan works great for me but there's always avi preview. Same rules for previewing movies apply with AviPreview. There's also times where preview clips come with the movie. I suggest you'd get Azerus bittorrent client so you can set that specific file to download first before the actual movie. Great managing there for very good purposes.
    "Revenge is a meal best served cold"

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    That is funny. I tried previewing movies with both VideoLan and Avi Preview, and neither worked. And they were AVI files..

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Try VideoLan perhaps...
    that doesnt work, because Bittorrent doesnt download the first parts of a movie first.
    I think if you tell the client to prioritize your peice files then you might be able to. I have done it before.