Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats happened to WinMX

geothermal78's Avatar Poster
    You ppl better stop doing crack ! I used WinMX yesterday with wonderful results and high quality songs and videos. If you forgot how to set up Winmx, then send me a note and I can send you my screenshots of my setup for 256 DSL. Hold on a sec, I'll fire up Winmx 3.53 version right now......(pause) 467,744 gigs of files available right now..... (^: You gotta join the OpenNap servers to get better results. I usually join 5 or so to find the files I want.

geothermal

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    adamf9898
    hey, i still use winmx.... i share alot on there, you can find me in the great room called

MX Milita Movie Room

home to see you there

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    good riddance winMX lol

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Quote Originally Posted by zincster
    Haven't checked out the WinMX for a while. But I hear it's the #1 p2p nowadays according to a study.
    Wow, and i've never used it. Yet i manage to download almost everything i want

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    There is so much illecit stuff out there - it's great what technology can do.

On topic. I used WinMX for a little, then discovered BitTorrent and liked it much better.

6. File Sharing   -   #16

Angry

I used winmx from Dec of 2003 until last week with no problems. Occasional time outs. Any time I had problems connecting, i removed the program from my computer, googled it and redownloaded it. Monday, it would not connect. Removed from my computer and found every link broken to redownload it.

any suggestions and I have never touched crack in my life. lol. Also, any substitutions if gone? Is this the end?

Carrie
    Nonstopdoowop
    [email protected]

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    i tried to find Bit Torrent and they wanted credit card number. is nothing free anymore? winmx was free from 12/03 to 915/05, when it stopped working

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Quote Originally Posted by nonstopdoowop
    i tried to find Bit Torrent and they wanted credit card number.
    only scam sites charge for p2p clients

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Win MX has been shut down by the RIAA http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/WinMX_sh..._RIAA_requests

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    burfart13
    hey does ne one have any wsx files that let you join open nap networks?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast