Thread: Creep

Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    just saw this movie,nice one if you like the slasher type movie 0f the 80's,nice bit of gore in it,seemed a bit of a mix of stuff already done,reminds me a bit of a film called C.H.U.D.
    Spoiler: Show

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    I enjoyed this one as well though my sister thought the lead actress looked like she had had a sex-change recently (Link ). Anyhow, I enjoyed the film and liked the fact that they didn't have to explain everything to us at the end.

Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 06-06-2005 at 10:00 AM.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    i enjoyed it too. given the low-budget looks of it, i was expecting the worst. but i'm glad i gave it a chance. 'cause indeed it is a pretty good movie with a sufficiently nasty monster, and the wisdom to take its time building up some old-fashioned chills & tension rather than blowing its wad in the first half-hour.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Spoliers-----(Even though movie is already spoiled)

This shit was garbage can't believe yall liked it, it didn't even let u know why he was killing them. In the movie none of them acted like it was something strange lookin they acted like it was a regular person killing them. Not one "What is that thing" and then at the end what the hell was that look supposed to mean.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    why do you need to know why. if your main problem was that it didn't give you easy explanations, then get the fuck out. that's not what horror is about. horror's about the alien, the other, the unknown, the things in the back of your mind that you don't know how to describe. it's not pulling the mask off at the end and going "oh, here's the boogeyman's driver license and his entire life story, in his wallet. his name is really __________ and he killed people because of ____________. now it all makes sense." no. that's retarded and fake and too convenient. hollywood needs to stop giving the audience everything that it wants, because the audience apparently wants movies to be retarded and convenient.

Creep wasn't a great movie. however. compared to the stuff that the big studios are churning out and passing off as horror in recent years, it was decent.

i'd rather watch Creep than, for example, The Ring Two (let's throw away every rule that the first movie established and just make some drivel about a ghost who can pop out of every drain, cupboard & can of peanut brittle and just wants a hug) or House Of Wax (Paris and the teenybop gang solve yet another Scooby Doo Mystery, they scream a lot, and all of the "scary" parts are indicated by fingernails-on-chalkboard violin cues or thrashing electric guitar riffs). or Renny Harlin's addition to the Exorcist series, or anything with the word "Amityville" in the title or Milla Jovovich on the box.

anyway yeah. the only thing really FANTASTIC happening in horror right now is the revival of the Living Dead series (Dawn Of The Dead, Land Of The Dead). flesh-eating zombies fookin ROOL.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 06-10-2005 at 05:35 AM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    U do need to know why cause it make u wonder how the fuck he got like he got it need some kinda plot the movie isn't all that scary either so it should have just enough story behind it to let u know what the hell is going on.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by Gre1
    U do need to know why cause it make u wonder how the fuck he got like he got it need some kinda plot the movie isn't all that scary either so it should have just enough story behind it to let u know what the hell is going on.
    The explanation is there you just have to be alert to the clues that are in the film, do we really need the Scooby Doo-esque ending that explains everything or can we exercise our imaginations?

anyway yeah. the only thing really FANTASTIC happening in horror right now is the revival of the Living Dead series (Dawn Of The Dead, Land Of The Dead). flesh-eating zombies fookin ROOL.
    Yeah, looking forward to this one myself.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    @Gre1
    Sorry ya didn't like the movie,but..
    Last edited by Gripper; 06-11-2005 at 09:53 PM.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    Yeah, looking forward to this one myself.
    aren't we all.

to elaborate on the topic of horror... horror is the fear of the unknown and the unexplained. mysteries give an explanation at the end, like in sherlock holmes stories: "deductive reasoning, my dear doctor watson, the motive was _____________ and now we understand it & have nothing to fear." mysteries are fun but they're not scary. horror is scary because it defies explanation & gives your imagination a chance to run wild. to explain a horror monster's motivation is to take away its emotional power. that's how i see it anyway.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 06-12-2005 at 06:33 AM.