View Poll Results: Ever been in a car accident?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 59.62%
  • No

10 19.23%
  • Not sure if mine counts as big (post)

11 21.15%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been in a car accident?

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I mean like a major accident. like smashup of the car, police have to come type accident.
    No silly bumps at the back.
    Last edited by tesco; 06-06-2005 at 12:21 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Yup.

My Toyota Camry was crunched up to my knees by a head-on with a Ford Expedition.

....and I was on my way out-of-town to a weekend training class at about 9pm on a Friday night.

Hotel and food was paid for. I was going to get pissy drunk and have some fun and that dumb motherfucker fucked it all up.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Yes. I was stopped at an intersection, waiting for a tanker to clear before I could cross. They told me later the guy that rear ended me in excess of 60 MPH was turned around tending to a puppy in his back seat. The puppy and the guy were both not hurt, and my injuries were a lot less than they would have been had I not had my seat belt on. (I NEVER wore a seat belt, but for some reason put it on that day.)

The other time I was a passenger in a vehicle that was totalled by hitting cows on the highway after dark. (sorry to say, 10 dead cows on the highway and 3 totalled cars and one semi with all the brakelines torn out from underneath it) Minor injuries to all humans involved, but the most serious was to my husband. You see, he had a cup of hot coffee in a thermos cup which he was holding between his thighs as he drove. Well, when he saw there was no way to avoid hitting the cows, he squeezed his thighs together to hold the cup still (so as not to burn the family jewels) and this had the effect of slamming his knee into the steering wheel column on impact. He did eventually have to have surgery on this knee. Now that things are fine with his knee, I still have to chuckle when I think of the deep bruises he had on the inside of his thighs trying to keep that coffee cup steady.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    micolithe's Avatar Painfully average.
    My side mirror (which doesn't bend like the newer cars. And by newer cars, I mean 10 years or younger) broke off on sunday at the bank. I hit one of those cement poles by the drive through ATM at the bank.
    Current Favorite Song
    Exodus Damage by John Vanderslice

5. Lounge   -   #5
    iamtheoneandonlyone's Avatar Andromeda Ascendant
    Got hit from the side once by the rear seat door and once from thes side that hit our tires. Good thing I wasn't sitting on the back seat or I could've gotten some real injuries there.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    been in a couple of bus crashes

7. Lounge   -   #7
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    my dad got hit when he was driving to blokbuster. $15, 000+ in damages. my dad was going to buy a new jetta but he kept it and it took friggin 3-4months for parts to be imported from germany

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Yup.

I ran over a pedestrian in Princes Street.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    I was in the truck when one of my friends decided it would be a good idea to try and jump a big puddle at a rock quary. Upon landing we had to crawl out and stand on the roof because we were sinking.

One of our friends got a toe rope to us and was able to atach it to the bumper "difficult to do when its under water" and pull us out. The engine was hydrolocked because he floored it as soon as we hit the water.

Not really an accident but hey it didn't go as planned.
    Customer: "I want to download the Internet. Do I need a bigger hard disk?"

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I hit a deer on the way to work this morning

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast