Thread: New Mobo and USB2 support

I have a new Asus motherboard ic7 in a computer that I put together a few months ago. Everything seems to work on it (I.E. the peripherals such as firewire, etc) but I tried to use a USB cable to connect to my iRiver H10, and I kept getting a message that is similar to this one:

"You are trying to connect a high speed device to a non high speed USB connector click this box for more information"

When I click the box it says something about having to update the USB 2.0 drivers.

I have windows SP1 installed which should have USB 2.0 support; I can't install SP2 because I am running Apache and some other programs that are based on SP1.

For the life of me I can't seem to find any USB 2.0 drivers. If you google search on it, you get piles and piles of crap geared for suckers looking to pay for help.

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    You know... It would be helpful if you provided the correct information.

Asus doesn't have an ic7. Abit does.

No wonder it took me so long to find this.

http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/dr...ries=1&model=5

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yeah, sorry about that. I realized that myself when I tried to post to the asus boards.

Duh!

Ok I see that on your link there is a USB 2.0 driver that has been updated in the past month.

I am bursting with anticipation.

Thank you so far.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I was under the impression that I had updated to Sp1 when I built the thing... but alas I was wrong. Just because the windows update feature was trying to get me to download SP2 did not mean I had sp1.

I downloaded SP1 and all my problems were solved.

Sorry.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Ok. That makes more sense.