Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions For FST

Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    I think Brenda makes a very valid point. You're basically alienating the majority of your membership to award brownie points to a few. We can't all be as good as Bawa.
    AFAIK they aren't trying to "reward" ability but effort.

For example, I'm not a good news reporter - I literally search several P2P sites (Slyck, Zeropaid...) & google and post whatever P2P news looks interesting to read or important to pass on. Anyone can do exactly the same job I've been doing (which is why I'm a little against the Contributor system), but I spend anything from 20 minutes to an hour getting the news.

TBH, looking at the benefits there's not much more for Contributors than regular members - A moderation-bypass for news and a slightly larger PM box (the rest are just cosmetic). Ain't like contributors could suddenly get mod powers (Although if they could, I might convince one to sticky a load of spams saying, "The Revolution will be Televised" )

Besides, can't the same argument be applied for the different level of stars?
    Last edited by Illuminati; 06-07-2005 at 03:33 PM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I don't care what people say, RealitY is not a 'tard at all

I for one relish the idea of having an upper-class of sorts with lots of privilieges on the forum. I mean, those news on the front page for instance, I bet at least ten people read them and get something out of them every month, and I bet at least half of those ten people didn't just read them 'cos they posted the news.

That's gotta' be rewarded.

The critics are just being small-minded 'cos they are envious, I reckon.
    Last edited by Snee; 06-07-2005 at 03:39 PM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    I think Brenda makes a very valid point. You're basically alienating the majority of your membership to award brownie points to a few. We can't all be as good as Bawa.
    AFAIK they aren't trying to "reward" ability but effort.

For example, I'm not a good news reporter - I literally search several P2P sites (Slyck, Zeropaid...) & google and post whatever P2P news looks interesting to read or important to pass on. Anyone can do exactly the same job I've been doing (which is why I'm a little against the Contributor system), but I spend anything from 20 minutes to an hour getting the news.

TBH, looking at the benefits there's not much more for Contributors than regular members - A moderation-bypass for news and a slightly larger PM box (the rest are just cosmetic). Ain't like contributors could suddenly get mod powers (Although if they could, I might convince one to sticky a load of spams saying, "The Revolution will be Televised" )

Besides, can't the same argument be applied for the different level of stars?
    Didn't a former admin ask us if we wanted a similar sort of system a long ways back? I remember it was soundly rejected by the members.

If they do have to have this system I hope they recognize Bawa's contributions to the board else the whole thing will be a mockery.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    If they do have to have this system I hope they recognize Bawa's contributions to the board else the whole thing will be a mockery.
    I agree, they should make bawa one right now. Fair should be fair.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Im quite impressed that youve somehow taken this completely the wrong way...
    Thats a BIT of a strechhhhhhhh and rather childidh if so dont you think...
    • Those that are of great assistant to others.

• Those that post front page News regularly.

• Those that post Verifieds regularly.

• Those that post NZB regularly.
    Not like any of thats is much of big deal as Illuminati has more than made that point. As for News I think if someone has a handle on it as Illuminati does now I dont think what he posts there should or needs to be modreated and makes the forum a better if the News is posted direcly rather than stalled although of course we cant just open that section to all as we would have some rather strange News on the front page as some just accidently post in the wrong section...

Most of whats in here will deleted shortly.
    Last edited by RealitY; 06-07-2005 at 03:45 PM.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Agreed.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    Agreed.

I think that is something we can all agree on

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Most of whats in here will deleted shortly.

Yeah, can you stop deleting stuff please. We already had to ask for one of your other threads to be returned. Most of what has been said in here has been valid points. Can't you take a little criticism of your, imo, rather silly childish idea?

Stop being lazy, if you really want to clear any perceived clutter then split the topic. You do know how to do that don't you?

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19

Thats a BIT of a strechhhhhhhh and rather childidh if so dont you think...
    • Those that are of great assistant to others.

• Those that post front page News regularly.

• Those that post Verifieds regularly.

• Those that post NZB regularly.
    Not like any of thats is much of big deal as Illuminati has more than made that point. As for News I think if someone has a handle on it as Illuminati does now I dont think what he posts there should or needs to be modreated and makes the forum a better if the News is posted direcly rather than stalled although of course we cant just open that section to all as we would have some rather strange News on the front page as some just accidently post in the wrong section...
    Apart from repeating your list I have no idea what you just attempted to say.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Shouldn't it be 'of great assistance' anyway?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast