Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions For FST

Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    As for News I think if someone has a handle on it as Illuminati does now I dont think what he posts there should or needs to be modreated and makes the forum a better if the News is posted direcly rather than stalled
    Unfortunately Reality, I have to disagree.

I have no problem with news being moderated beforehand - It does provide submitted articles to be given a second opinion on being worth posting, and also gives a proof-read. I count at least half a dozen errors being corrected by mods (mostly you & Ross ).

But to be honest, a few things need to be done to the news system before it can be classed as something that many members can do:
    • Few things with streamlining delivery of news (I already asked Ross about some [source] tags, but there's other things)
    • Since when has there been an absolute limit on the size of images? I knew not to post large images, but where has it been mentioned of an absolute 200x200 limit? I'd happily edit photos to help that, but not if it's a rule that's been made on the spot (95% of all news photos so far break that already).

The news system is nowhere near perfect for FST, but it's a start and I'm willing to help out with filling it at the moment. But it does need more work before members can be given the right to say, "Put whatever news you want".
    Last edited by Illuminati; 06-07-2005 at 04:10 PM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    Apart from repeating your list I have no idea what you just attempted to say.
    Thats a BIT of a stretchhhhhhhh and rather childish if so, dont you think...

Not like any of that is much of a big deal, as Illuminati has more than made that point.

As for News - I think if someone has a handle on it as Illuminati does now, I dont think what he posts there should (or needs) to be moderated. And it makes the forum a little better if the News is posted direcly rather than stalled. Although of course, we cant just open that section to all as we would have some rather strange news on the front page, as some just accidently post in the wrong section...
    That any better?
    Last edited by Illuminati; 06-07-2005 at 04:11 PM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    [*]Since when has there been an absolute limit on the size of images? I knew not to post large images, but where has it been mentioned of an absolute 200x200 limit? I'd happily edit photos to help that, but not if it's a rule that's been made on the spot (95% of all news photos so far break that already).[/list]
    `
    I'm srry but there was 1 pic that was like 150x800, if you checked the frontpage you'd see that your pictures screwed up the page. (even pictures that are +150x150)
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 06-07-2005 at 04:12 PM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    What would be a good idea would be to have some actually write reviews* or articles for each section, give that person or persons special "privileges" which can be revoked if they fail to deliver any written material. Say once a week they have to produce something.

In a forum that caters to so many different tastes there is always something to write about be it movies, games, software or the state of P2P. Sadly I don't think there are enough members on this board for an idea like this to work but to me that would be truly contributing something.

*I realise the review section failed but you went completely the wrong way about it. You put the cart in front of the horse, you need reviewers first before you can have a review section.
    Last edited by RealitY; 06-08-2005 at 06:56 AM.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    I'm srry but there was 1 pic that was like 150x800, if you checked the frontpage you'd see that your pictures screwed up the page.
    I do check the frontpage after I submit all news to prevent that reason, but a stretch of 800 I do have doubts over

I'll check the image - Which article was the image posted with? Because unless it was a genuine mistake on my part I doubt it went that wide (especially since the news box is only a little over 550 pixels to begin with )

EDIT: Just checked the dimensions of the original photos.
    Niklas Zennstrom - 448x518
    Apple - 500 square
    Mercora - 340x190

A little too large for the space (my apologies for them), but definitely nowhere near 800
    Last edited by Illuminati; 06-07-2005 at 04:22 PM.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Stop being lazy, if you really want to clear any perceived clutter then split the topic. You do know how to do that don't you?
    I have no clue why your so bent on insults and instigating although it appears to be fun up to a point I guess.
    Anyway split as requeseted...

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Why are you so bent on deleting people's posts? I suppose its fun up to a point ...

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Stop being lazy, if you really want to clear any perceived clutter then split the topic. You do know how to do that don't you?
    I have no clue why your so bent on insults and instigating although it appears to be fun up to a point I guess.
    Anyway split as requeseted...

I'm just being blunt because this deleting of stuff annoys me. Good call, thanks.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    As for News I think if someone has a handle on it as Illuminati does now I dont think what he posts there should or needs to be modreated and makes the forum a better if the News is posted direcly rather than stalled
    Unfortunately Reality, I have to disagree.

I have no problem with news being moderated beforehand - It does provide submitted articles to be given a second opinion on being worth posting, and also gives a proof-read. I count at least half a dozen errors being corrected by mods (mostly you & Ross ).

But to be honest, a few things need to be done to the news system before it can be classed as something that many members can do:
    We arent thinking or have the intention of letting anyone post in the section without those that have it handled per say. I have already pointed out anything you may not known in pms and I havent had to touch anything youve done in the last several posts that Ive come across in moderation of yours so it is a waste of time as News is just that and should be presented as quickly as possible I think. The fact is even if someones post are lifted from the need for moderation we will still check it anyway just in case...

@DanB Its not fun at all and actually its quite annoying and I dont really care for it.
    I guess maybe this was missed then
    If anyone has any additional thoughts on what else would define a Forum Contributor or what other features those that are could have you can post them here for now although keep in mind that once this is finalized post may be deleted to clean this up so its been mentioned in advance. This should stay serious as anything off topic within this post will be deleted without any notice or warning.
    Last edited by RealitY; 06-07-2005 at 04:54 PM.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    It just seemed you were having a hissy fit and wanted to delete all the posts that disagreed

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast