Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Verifieds Posting Script

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    The verifieds posting script is now here.

Like the NZB posting script, the verifieds posting script allows members to post 1-4 hash links, a link to an info source, an nfo file, and other additional information, and it is all generated into a neat post in the verifieds section.

The great thing about the verifieds posting script is that it requires very little effort to post the hash. Enter your hash link into one of the hash fields (up to 4) and the script automatically detects the network (currently only emule/ed2k and fasttrack/sig2dat are supported), file size (and calculates it into mb, kb, bytes, or gb), and file name.

Check it out here and let us know what you think.

Note: There may still be some bugs in the script, and it would be great if you could let us know if you find any, thanks.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Well a very nice addition to the site for sure yet again.
    Thanks for putting up with me again and putting this into action...

Last edited by RealitY; 05-12-2005 at 04:46 AM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Looks cool

Would be nice if the NZB section could have an " Additional Comments" field as well though.

hmm...asspie

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    So were did you get the script from?

Also I've noticed the links when clicked still open up the links in a new browser window when adding them to emule. Is there any code out there for vBulletin that will add links when clicked without opening a new window that you have to close after.

I've been searching for weeks to trying and find a "vbcode" that will handle ed2k links correctly.
    Last edited by Gary Bolton; 05-15-2005 at 04:28 AM.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz
    Looks cool

Would be nice if the NZB section could have an " Additional Comments" field as well though.
    Well its was considered early on although we didnt.
    I guess rossco can add it when he gets a chance perhaps...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Bolton

Also I've noticed the links when clicked still open up the links in a new browser window when adding them to emule. Is there any code out there for vBulletin that will add links when clicked without opening a new window that you have to close after.

I've been searching for weeks to trying and find a "vbcode" that will handle ed2k links correctly.
    Well we came up with the thought and rossco wrote it.
    As for links Ive noticed this also and perhaps could be changed.
    Last edited by RealitY; 05-15-2005 at 05:14 AM.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Bolton

Can you tell me if Roso is going to be sharing the script, because there really are no good ed2k scripts around that work proper for vBulletin. I read your guide here on how to post ed2k link on vBulletin using the [B][url="ed2k code", [/B] using the brackets wrapped around the code so the links don't get broken with spaces inserted by vBulletin.

I like the idea of the script being used here if it can be made so the links maybe don't open a new browser window when clicked. We are in dire need of a good ed2k script for vBulletin 3.
    Last edited by Gary Bolton; 05-16-2005 at 05:41 AM.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Those forms are pretty damn sweet, but I'm wondering if there's a couple of little features that could be added...

Would it be possible for the script to translate the space wildcard (%20) you get in eD2k links into a proper space when it gets posted on the forum - without breaking the hash itself?

A preview post button? I suggested this during the testing then never heard any more about it...

Just say if I'm asking too much and I'll stfu.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by uNz[i]
    Would it be possible for the script to translate the space wildcard (%20) you get in eD2k links into a proper space when it gets posted on the forum - without breaking the hash itself?
    I think that would be simple although as for breaking I cant say although you could just edit a post and test it.
    I think it would be fine as its part of the name not the actual hash though I cant say for sure without testing first.

A preview post button? I suggested this during the testing then never heard any more about it...
    That may be more work than its worth and may complicate it if even possble although only rossco can answer that...
    Last edited by RealitY; 05-16-2005 at 09:35 AM.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by uNz[i]
    Those forms are pretty damn sweet, but I'm wondering if there's a couple of little features that could be added...

I can't do the preview post button with modifying a lot more of the vbulletin files (the coding for the verifieds and nzb scripts was very little).

As for the %20's, i planned to do that this weekend then forgot about it.

@gary bolton, i'm not sure if i'll give the code away publically... i'll think about it after all the bugs are removed, etc.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Fair enough... just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast