Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where And How

Fasttracker A
    Every time i try to download a game it takes a life time to find any sources
    which app is the best to download games from e donkey e mule ect ect

ive got cable this is bs

2. Games   -   #2
    no i get many sources

3. Games   -   #3
    Fasttracker A
    for what games ?
    Im trying to download 1503 and mafia that was a week ago

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Everything you download, goes at different rates. Here are some basics to study:

Originally posted by Tip By: Shinigami & modified by The_Great_Dude

Tip on Kazaa Lite [K++ Edition]
    Speed and PL System Basics:

PL has nothing to do with speeds but priority on downloads (only on normal kazaa 2.0.2 users, any lower versions of kazaa will show a PL of 0 to them. So it's a first come, first serve at that point.)
    If you notice you have a PL of 1000 and it never drops because the cheat is automatically on, to turn it off: Go to Options, click more options..., K++ options, and uncheck the cheat.
    You can only download as fast as someone else can upload.
    You can only download if the other user has an open upload slot.

Make sure you setted up you're firewall to allow access for Kazaa Lite [K++]
    Get rid of Ad-ware/Spyware and the like. (Programs that can do that are Adaware and Spybot)
    Make sure your system is optimized for your connection (use a program like Dr. TCP or CableNut)
    If your downloading rare files, of course its going to be slow!
    More sources usually = better speed
    Use tools that came with K++, such as AutoSearchMore, Speeedup, Kazap to find more sources.
    Try to control AutoSearchMore and let it rest awhile to avoid disconnection from KL.

You see yourself as K-Lite Master and other K++ users do to, only 2.02 kazaa users see you as Supreme Being. This does not affect anything in anyway. You can also customize it with tools such as resource hacker.
    Verifieds does not mean it'll always start right away! It's just used to increase the chance of finding the right file.
    Try pausing and resuming the file.
    Try jumping SuperNodes or restarting Kazaa Lite.

PATIENCE!
    Speeds vary on what you download sometimes...
    and...
    GOOD LUCK! :-)
    Also try, http://www.speedguide.net or http://www.dslreports.com and test your speed there. If it matches your advertised speeds (what your ISP told you it was) then its not your fault. Also, try programs like Dr. TCP, CableNut or TCP/IP Optimizer...all found on either site.

A hypothesis by The_Great_Dude:
    Also, I'm not sure but when the longer you have kazaa lite and not uninstall or reinstall, the speeds seem to be ok, since most of the old members here have no problems. Just a guess.
    I said this because, in the beta testing day of k++ beta 1, I saw a post saying Random Nut said speed slowed down when he switched to normal kazaa from kazaa lite for testing purposes. When he went back, his speeds went back to normal. Also if my memory serves me right, backup your network settings, or something like that.

5. Games   -   #5
    Originally posted by nahan@10 April 2003 - 05:05
    for what games ?
    Im trying to download 1503 and mafia that was a week ago
    the size matters with the downloads u cannot expect 1 night for 800 to 900mb

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by The Wise Man+10 April 2003 - 05:16--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Wise Man @ 10 April 2003 - 05:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Everything you download, goes at different rates. Here are some basics to study:

<!--QuoteBegin--Tip By: Shinigami & modified by The_Great_Dude

Tip on Kazaa Lite [K++ Edition]
    Speed and PL System Basics:

PL has nothing to do with speeds but priority on downloads (only on normal kazaa 2.0.2 users, any lower versions of kazaa will show a PL of 0 to them. So it&#39;s a first come, first serve at that point.)
    If you notice you have a PL of 1000 and it never drops because the cheat is automatically on, to turn it off: Go to Options, click more options..., K++ options, and uncheck the cheat.
    You can only download as fast as someone else can upload.
    You can only download if the other user has an open upload slot.

Make sure you setted up you&#39;re firewall to allow access for Kazaa Lite [K++]
    Get rid of Ad-ware/Spyware and the like. (Programs that can do that are Adaware and Spybot)
    Make sure your system is optimized for your connection (use a program like Dr. TCP or CableNut)
    If your downloading rare files, of course its going to be slow&#33;
    More sources usually = better speed
    Use tools that came with K++, such as AutoSearchMore, Speeedup, Kazap to find more sources.
    Try to control AutoSearchMore and let it rest awhile to avoid disconnection from KL.

You see yourself as K-Lite Master and other K++ users do to, only 2.02 kazaa users see you as Supreme Being. This does not affect anything in anyway. You can also customize it with tools such as resource hacker.
    Verifieds does not mean it&#39;ll always start right away&#33; It&#39;s just used to increase the chance of finding the right file.
    Try pausing and resuming the file.
    Try jumping SuperNodes or restarting Kazaa Lite.

PATIENCE&#33;
    Speeds vary on what you download sometimes...
    and...
    GOOD LUCK&#33; :-)
    Also try, http://www.speedguide.net or http://www.dslreports.com and test your speed there. If it matches your advertised speeds (what your ISP told you it was) then its not your fault. Also, try programs like Dr. TCP, CableNut or TCP/IP Optimizer...all found on either site.

A hypothesis by The_Great_Dude:
    Also, I&#39;m not sure but when the longer you have kazaa lite and not uninstall or reinstall, the speeds seem to be ok, since most of the old members here have no problems. Just a guess.
    I said this because, in the beta testing day of k++ beta 1, I saw a post saying Random Nut said speed slowed down when he switched to normal kazaa from kazaa lite for testing purposes. When he went back, his speeds went back to normal. Also if my memory serves me right, backup your network settings, or something like that.

[/b][/quote]
    they dont read the basics and start starting threads.

7. Games   -   #7
    Fasttracker A
    I know this ....the point of the matter was ,is their any other file sharing programs out there good for this app?

And you never answered my question what games have you downloaded?

for these games i HAVE listed there is few sources availible

8. Games   -   #8
    Kazaa is not a good app for downloading games. More than likely they will end up corrupt anyway.
    there are few sources for games on kazaa unless your geting the rip version.

overnet would be a better bet than e-donky or e-mule. As far as I have tested I have never gotten a speed over 15 kb/s on e-mule or the donkey. still overnet is limited to buy the amount of sources that it can pull, so don&#39;t expect the file in a day or two.

I you really want to get working files then get them from direct connect. You can avrage a speed of around 15 kb/s (sometimes 35 or more) but the file will download and you can resume. It may take a day or two to get a game, but this is better than Kazaa and the files work.
    http://neo-modus.com

p.s if you can&#39;t find it on direct connect then the game is not out there. there are always sources for it.
    games I have gotten on direct connect.

c&c generals
    cm4
    iron storm
    splintercell
    freelancer
    enclave
    mafia
    medievil total war

thats off the top of my head.

as for movies I have gotten 4 movies in one night to 1 movie taking 3 weeks. try jumping supernods as that seems to help once you find the right on for the movie you want. Kazaa search is a good tool for this.

fun.......

9. Games   -   #9
    Fasttracker A
    thanks man
    its nice of you to put that link for me also

Hey this sounds stupid but ive read the directions on the direct connect but i cant even connect or download that program isnt easy to use..welll compared to kazaa

10. Games   -   #10
    hey m8, I have only had eMulePlus, a couple of weeks but I have already downloaded half a dozen working games, plus software etcetera...which is mightily pleasing, having quit trying for games on K-lite many months ago.I&#39;d recommend eMulePlus to anyone, as I get speeds up to 60kb, an I have yet to get a fake game file

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast