Thread: Slow speeds in bittorrent (I'm using a switch)

Poster
    Ever since I swtiched using a router to a switch my speed has been really low....But this is only when downloading a torrent file...Any suggestions on how to improve downloading speed when using a switch?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    how exactly are you connecting to the internet? so you use a switch to connect your computer to one that is connected directly to the internet ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    Well...we have a netopia modem and the switch is connected to it ....Because we also use a broadband phone we had to replace the router with a switch

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Darkbooty's Avatar Dirt Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by far
    Well...we have a netopia modem and the switch is connected to it ....Because we also use a broadband phone we had to replace the router with a switch
    What service are you using for your phone? When I had Vonage, I was able to use it through my router just fine. You could choose to put it in front or behind the router... I chose behind since I didn't want their crappy little hub controlling my network.

Also, I have no idea how a switch works, but is it possible that you forgot to forward the ports? I know I forgot to do it when I switched to a wireless router.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    It doesnt look like Im able to forward the ports when using a switch....Im using Telio service for broadband phone.
    But is it possible to connect the router to the switch?...or am I being retarded?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    bump