Thread: Installation Problem: Game

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Okay, I downloaded a DVD ISO Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I mounted the image on a virtual drive, and the disc autoran. Then I installed the game, and let it go for a while, the progress bar halted at about 3/4 of the way through, and realized it wasnt going anywhere. I hit "cancel" thinking that I could cancel the installation, but no, it froze up. So I had to end the setup task, but then explorer also got retarded, and froze, forcing me to hard boot the computer. When I booted up, I immediately wanted to unmount the image, but instead I would get some error noise and a window that said something to the extent of "A software has locked the device". And I could not unmount the image, I tried retarting again, but it wouldnt let me unmount it. So I had to go into Alcohol 120% and remove the virtual drive. And then reapply it. And then the image dissappeared from the drive miraculously. So then I tried to uninstall what had been installed of San Andreas, only to find that it was going to be a fuck and not let me. So I went in and deleted the start menu entrees, desktop icon, program files, and then scanned the registry three times for illegitimate registry entrees. Deleted those, and then noticed that there was no uninstall entry, so I didnt have to remove it. Then I restarted, only to mount the image and see "Play grand theft Auto San Andreas!" How the hell do i get this not to do this? Maybe I could just go into the DVD ISO and run the install exe again?

The installation "stops" when it says it is installing the audio, and I read that the audio is on one giant track, so maybe it just takes a long time to install that. Maybe it didnt stop at all, so I am waiting right now to see if it will go any further after the Audio is installing..

Screen

It just stays there for a long long time. Just, I need maybe as a first step to know how to uninstall it, so that when the disc autoruns, it doesnt say "PLAY NOW!" or whatever instead of "Install!"..
    Last edited by orcutt989; 06-10-2005 at 10:36 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Try exploring the DVD image and instead of letting it autorun, manually run setup.exe

If the same thing happens and the install halts at the same spot, the iso file might be corrupt. Just out of interest, have you tried installing without the audio files? It gives you the option not to install them in the custom install settings.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    I went a different route with this install. I too downloaded the MethD clone, but I burned it to a dvd using Alcohol120. I then installed from the disk, and copied the hoodlum(you know what) to the San Andreas folder.
    What I did notice was it took forever to install ( around 20 minutes or more) and used up my CPU ( first time I have ever seen my 3000+ Althlon at 100% )
    Last edited by RPerry; 06-11-2005 at 01:18 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Hmm, alright I might not install the audio, I will try that..

EDIT: Sucessfully installed without audio. Applied crack, started game. Got to title screen, when going to load next screen, game minimizes and says that there was an error with the exe. So I got to Gameburnworld, and get a different one, game still does the same error. Next I delete the DVD iso i have, then re-extract it from the RAR file, and then install from there without audio. Apply crack, load game, title screen comes, and it just freezes there and I am forced to hardboot the computer. Only good thing that came out of this is that I was able to sucessfully uninstall the game! I think I need to re-download it. Maybe I will try the CloneDVD one...
    Last edited by orcutt989; 06-13-2005 at 07:28 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    You cannot play the cracked game without the audio installed because on the retail if you do not install audio it runs it off the disc but ofcourse your not running it off the disc. You must install the audio to play.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    You cannot play the cracked game without the audio installed because on the retail if you do not install audio it runs it off the disc but ofcourse your not running it off the disc. You must install the audio to play.
    Hmm, well that is good to know. Thanks! I will keep that in mind now.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Tried Redownloading the torrent, extracted, and mounted again, still same error. So I burned the image to a DVD, and installed, went great, played game for a little bit. I must not be able to mount DVD sized images then!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    do you have to burn it? or could a different version of alcohol work?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Hmm, well that is good to know. Thanks! I will keep that in mind now.
    Its the same with every game, if it has an install All optiona nd do a smaller install always choose the largr one because the smaller one means it usually reads certain infomation from the CD which ofcourse is not used if your using a crack.