Thread: Power LED connect

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The connector my case came with for the Power LED is a 3 pin female connector but my motherboard only only has 2 pins available to connect the power wire. Is there anything I can do to get this power light working??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    OK, I'll bite.

Which motheboard is it that you think has a non-standard power led connector?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    All you need to do is replace the three pin connector block with a standard two pin version.
    I assume you have spares laying around?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    The power led connector is just to the left of the main front-panel connector.

It has 3 (three) pins. The bottom pin is +ve, that's where the coloured wire (usually light green) goes. The middle and top pins are -ve, so you can fit 2 or 3 pin plugs.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    wel im late on this but trying to work out wtf is going on here

i have Power Reset Power Led HDD and Speaker but reset switch doesn't really seem to work yet..

now on teh instructions for the mobo it has message LED Power Sleep which iviously I don't have int eh case connectors so I leave that blank????

its confusing me yes my first time doing this have to start somewhere can someone give me a hand

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    Refer to pages 23 and 24 of the manual.

I agree that it doesn't help to number the pins 1-20 in the diagram and 1-2 (or greater) for each individual set of connectors. Pretty stupid IMO.

However, the pins are colour coded, it can't be that hard.

HD activity connects to blue pins 1 & 3 (coloured wire to pin 1).
    Since you've now set a pattern for the coloured wire as being to the bottom (lower numbered) pin it is a good idea to follow that for the power and reset connectors, although they aren't actually polatity sensitive.

Reset switch connects to green pins 5 & 7.
    Power switch connects to red pins 6 & 8.

Since you don't have a MSG led/power/sleep LED for yellow pins 2 & 4 rip those pins out of the motherboard with a pair of pliers just leave those pins unoccupied.

Purple pin 9 is also unoccupied.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    well I seem to have all that but my reset switch don't work hmmmm is there somthing in the BIOS i havn't done