Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you bigoted?

(>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way

Unsure

had this conversation with a mate the other day................(this is what happens during the close season when the adverts are on ) and he asked if i was bigoted, raist, homophobic or anything of that sort. My immediate reaction was that i'm not but when i really thought about it I guess I actually am in some aspects. What about you if you are trully honest with yourself, do you judge people before knowing them based upon a particular characteristic or suchlike they have? Our conclusion was that nearly everyone is in some way or another.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    nope. some of my best friends are black....

3. Lounge   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own.
    I'm definitely not bigoted.

I think what you describe, Zero, isn't being a bigot.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    prejudiced?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Sadly I think a lot of white people are thretened when they are younger. If you dont behave the big black man will come and get you'. I dont know if the reverse happens in the coloured communities.

I also think if that most people are wary of anyone different from them in any way shape or form. Its nature. I dont think any of this makes you bigoted however.

I think that in the area we come from bigotry has been created by separate schools for different religions.

Personally I support both black and white.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    I hate you all equally.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Because of his alleged lack of height. If you dont like Busyman are you weeoted?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own.
    I'm definitely not bigoted.

I think what you describe, Zero, isn't being a bigot.
    as usual you are correct I, given that defenition, have mis-used the term as gep rankins suggests perhaps prejudiced would be a better choice. Hopefully you get the just of my point all the same. Oh and btw I am now prejudiced against people who continually correct grammer oh and cheese too just saw his post

9. Lounge   -   #9
    i think the way to not being prejudiced is to admit you are.

too many people are quick to crucify you for saying something remotely racist. i reckon these people even guilt trip themselves whenever they even recognise a difference between them and another person and never open themselves up to investigate why they think anything.

the first "black" person i ever met was at highschool, at first i thought "OMGBBQ! a black person!?" after a few weeks we were ok mates and i never even thought of him as a "black person" anymore. i don't really think of anyone by their race anymore, because i've grown used to them.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    Sadly I think a lot of white people are thretened when they are younger. If you dont behave the big black man will come and get you'. I dont know if the reverse happens in the coloured communities.

I also think if that most people are wary of anyone different from them in any way shape or form. Its nature. I dont think any of this makes you bigoted however.

I think that in the area we come from bigotry has been created by separate schools for different religions.

Personally I support both black and white.
    I reckon I haven't explained myself very well , srry, what i am getting at is all sorts of things not just racial. Religion, sexual preference, nationality, colour of skin etc etc I suppose even what team you support... just something that means you prejudge someone ...................note to self:never try and sound like you have a clue, perhaps this explains why i don't start a lot of threads
    Last edited by (>Zero Cool<); 06-14-2005 at 01:25 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast