Thread: Emule downloading files i didnt request it to

I opend up emule the other day, and i noticed that there were somefiles downloading that i did not request.
    can someone please explain to me how this is possible?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    oolala
    I have heard of this problem happening before sometimes. I am led to believe that it is probably one of two possibilites. The first posibility adn the most probable one is that your computer was rooted and someoneis using your system for themselves. Option number two is that those files are really virus ladden and the are being put onto your system in the hope that you will open them up. If you dont open them you should be allright. If you can clarify your situation, it would help me help you.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    If emule was really smart (and it's most likely not) the "downloading" could be away of creating new sources for slow moving downloads.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    But emule isnt that smart...

Most likly its someone else using emule too. Perhaps someone else who has access to ur computer (friend, family member). I doubt someone hacked ur computer and I doubt u got a virus/trojen downloading more bad files...
    blah blah blah... whatever...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishtawiman
    But emule isnt that smart...

Most likly its someone else using emule too. Perhaps someone else who has access to ur computer (friend, family member). I doubt someone hacked ur computer and I doubt u got a virus/trojen downloading more bad files...
    Agreed...That would have to be some trojan

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    LR2
    Another thing that may be happening although unlikely is that a friend of yours got onto your computer and enabled mobile emule. Mobile Emule allows remote control of emule. However, he would need a DNS or a static IP for him to track your emule consistantly. ..Just a theory.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    it may be a virus. i had seen this happen to. are the files weird? or are they just normal files?

what i mean by weird is that the filename is very suspicious like battlefield2.exe then it only has a size of 200KB.

and if all of the files being downloaded are less than 2mb then be alert of this being a virus