Thread: XoloX

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    http://www.xolox.nl/

Came across this while reviewing my new router's logs and it looks quite good - not just gnutela network any more.

Anyone tried it recently?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    hi chewie,
    this report does not like it
    eTrust Spyware Encyclopedia - XoloX
    ...the program seems to want to take over your machine
    I would be very careful...I don't have a spare machine anymore
    to try it out...just be cautious with this one.

plus you need to do a whole lot to get rid of it
    just like a bad neighbor I once had.

always enjoy your commentary

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I used to use this ages ago, alonside, but then I found kazaa lite. It was about the same as kazaa, but I think it did have spyware.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    http://www.download.com/Xolox/3640-2166_4-10290807.html
    Pros: the only pro I have is GREAT search results.
    Cons: The website says "no ad/spyware or browser hijacking guaranteed." This is most definetly a lie!!! AVOID THIS PRODUCT!!! If you go to control panel/internet options / security /trusted sites you will see 3 URLs placed there w/o your permission. Next you will find your homepage has been changed w/o your permission. I could not do anything else while this prgram was running, I have 2.56Ghz CPU 512MB DDR400Mhz RAM with plenty of HD space my system was MAJORLY bogged down. My antivirus (Trend Micro 2005) was all of a sudden popping up with virus and spyware alerts, this was about 5 minutes after I installed the program from the official Xolox website, I hadn't even tried downloading anything yet. The program would just freeze on me I was unable to use my browser. After removing the problem software I tried to download 6 files. I waited and waited... they never started. The Xolox home website has very poor support and a what seems like a quickly thrown together website. Be Wise STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!!!
    Seems like you're both right!
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008