Thread: Bulldog going to 8 meg!

dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Got an email from Bulldog telling me that they're going to upgrade my line from 4 to 8mb for free!

I'm gutted, how dare they assume that I want to go at supersonic speeds that might blow up my pc!!!

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I have Bulldog in the house, have done for almost two years - never had a problem with them.

However, since I don't live in a large town or city, BT haven't upgraded our exchange so the fastest I can have at the moment is 1 meg. Apparently, I have to wait until there is more demand in my area for quicker speeds before I can live out this 8 meg fantasy
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I have Bulldog in the house, have done for almost two years - never had a problem with them.

However, since I don't live in a large town or city, BT haven't upgraded our exchange so the fastest I can have at the moment is 1 meg. Apparently, I have to wait until there is more demand in my area for quicker speeds before I can live out this 8 meg fantasy
    It will continue to be a fantasy too. AFAIK the 8 meg option is only on Bulldog equipped exchanges, it won't ever be available on BT exchanges until they realise everyone should be able to have this.

Enlightened companies seem to be realising that it is bandwidth not speed which costs money. Unfortunately BT is not what you would describe as enlightened.

I wish Easynet would speed up their rollout of LLU, I understand they are trialling 24Mbps.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Voetsek
    Nah, haven't had that amount of probs with them, had one when they first connected me cos they forgot to cap the line to 4mb which made it unstable, got up to 7.1mb at 1 point!

The upgrade is supposed to happen within the 2 weeks after the 15th,.....any day now.