Thread: Zone Alarm

iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    What is Zone Alaram? is it any good? is it worth downloading? and most importanly, is it free?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Itīs a firewall which protectes you from hackers and trojans.
    Its one of the best firewall and itīs FREE.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    There is nothing in this question which could not have been found out with the most basic research.

Try working things out for yourself. You will be the better for it in the long run.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Crack_man@9 April 2003 - 22:58
    Its one of the best firewall and itīs FREE.
    It's a trial, so it's only free for sometime. Unless you mean that other "FREE", then it is free.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i thought it was free. zonealarm pro and plus are he pay version.
    but i thought you can use zonealarm for as long as you like.

edit: it is the pro version that has a trial version

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    You're right, it's only those higher versions.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    morbeous
    Live a little and and pay for the "PRO" version. I did and no regrets. However, I also payed for a subscription to "ANONYMIZER". Its a server in which you're known when you link into it and you are Anonymous/unknown when you exit to any web connection. This works great; however with a caveat: it works so great that a lot of sites won't connect because they can't ID you to place "cookies and/or whatever" on your computer. Kind of like setting your Security level to accept NO COOKIES. A lot of websites won't connect with you if they can't place a "Spy" on your computer. Zone Alarm Pro has been my best compromise. Also, I've seen a program now being offered called "Evidence Eliminator". Supposedly this will prevent org.s like RIAA, etc. from bagging you through your IP. Especially if you are using a cooperating provider who'll "rat" you out. I also use freeware named, "SPYBOT". I think its much more thorough than "AdAware" for IDing and deleting spyware, as is TWEAK XP Pro for ease of deleting Histories and Cookies before you shut down and/or boot-up. Me! paranoid? Perish the thought! Yea, I know. "You can run but you can't hide". It sort of makes me feel a bit more secure; as much as getting under your school desk and putting your hands over the back of your neck for protection against the
    A-Bomb in the 1950s or Duct Tape today. Huh!! Tranquilizers for the masses. TRUST NO ONE

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    With "FREE",I meant with a crack or something so I count it as free.