Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All You People Are Liberal Name Callers!

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Boy-if I had the energy right now-

I have never seen so many errant arrows flying in a mere 9 posts. I am going to get something to eat, possibly take a short snooze (as it is my day off), and ponder this thread. I will be weighing the manner, structure, and propriety of my potential post. I suspect a main consideration will be, "Do I really want to stay up 'til 2 a.m. typing?".
    We shall see.....
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Poster
    I don't actually live in America so I can't really say how biased Fox is compared to other networks - all I can say is I've heard bad things about it and its links to government and big business. But then I guess that could apply to many other networks. And besides it was NBC who sacked a journalist for speaking out against the war in Iraq.

The only thing I would say is that to get a less biased view of the situation (or at least a wider range of views) you should read more than one newspaper, watch more than one network. And that includes the democratic/liberal press too 
    agree, read some alternative media.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    ClubDiggler's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@10 April 2003 - 21:46
    Boy-if I had the energy right now-

I have never seen so many errant arrows flying in a mere 9 posts. I am going to get something to eat, possibly take a short snooze (as it is my day off), and ponder this thread. I will be weighing the manner, structure, and propriety of a my potential post. I suspect a main consideration will be, "Do I really want to stay up 'til 2 a.m. typing?".
    We shall see.....
    I agree and since I don't feel like writing an essay; I'll
    just say to agree with post...the following:

GO USA..

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    I still maintain that mainstream journalism is irresponsible and that I will reserve my judgement as to whether from the perspective of Iraqis they were "jubilant" in seeing the Americans, and more particularly "why", what their hopes and expectations are, and having been victimised over and over again whether whatever inspired those images of jubilation will lead to some kind of peace.

Do they reflect the sentiment of all Iraqi's. If you listen to what you can listen to in terms of exposure to what those in other Arab nations are saying bordering Iraq (and exposure is limited in mainstream media) they might cause you to look beyond those images.

www.hrw.org
    'happiness is being owned by a pussycat'

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Originally posted by Got_memory?@10 April 2003 - 21:22
    peanut brain
    No :flame: ing! Ok, fox and frends does flame, but they are pretty funny.

That "you" was a general you, to encompass those who have this sticker on their pick-up trucks.

If you do not have such a sticker, you are exempt from that "you".

In other words, that was a general comment, not a personal flame.

I will cut you some slack as it appears English is not your primary language.
    clarification
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Every one should know by now its a two party system and its all special interests! B)
    Join me here:http://natall.com/
    http://natall.com/pub/040503.txt
    for the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12