Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Have To Select The Operating System Before My

Poster
    Originally posted by Jg427+10 April 2003 - 04:59--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jg427 @ 10 April 2003 - 04:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--thedrocks16@9 April 2003 - 16:41
    My computer gets this message on start up and i don&#39;t know how to get rid of it. (I messed around with my boot screen)

Please select he operating system to start:

Line)
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Use the p and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice

Press ENTER to choose.

For troubleshooting and advance start options for windows, press F8
    start> control panel> system> advanced tab>start up & recovery settings>time to display list of operating systems, uncheck the box [/b][/quote]
    Good answer. Thanks, I didn&#39;t know that.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Neither did i JimF, ive got 2000 and tried to install XP with a virtual drive, needless to say when it rebooted during the install it couldnt find the cd, but mine was automatically going to xp not 2000 so i had to manually change it everytime i rebooted or it would just go to the xp install and ask for the cd everytime.

ive just tried the above fix, will just reboot and see if its done the trick, thanx Jg427 if this works as it was getting very anoying.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    i love dual booting, thats amazing. i wish i could do it. i do konw thanks to Paul but havent tried it out yet.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    i had this problem too after installing boot xp, now every time a change my boot screen i have to delete somethign from my boot.ini file, go to c:/boot.ini and replace whatever is there with the following text

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)&#092;WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)&#092;WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /KERNEL=LOGOOS.EXE
    NOTE This is ONLY for xp HOME i dont know about pro

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by stoi@10 April 2003 - 11:23
    mine was automatically going to xp not 2000 so i had to manually change it everytime i rebooted or it would just go to the xp install and ask for the cd everytime.
    You may need to change the default operating system in the drop down box that is just above the check box "time to display list of operating systems" Must be set on XP, just change to 2000.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    go to run and type

msconfig

then go to the boot.ini tab and remove one of the boot modes.

I bet you only have one operating system installed because 2 on the same partition will not work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12