Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please Explain

Poster
    I think the game publishers do it. I mean, do you think they like us to gank thier software. So they put files that either dont work or is something else. So we get pissed off, waste our time and evenually buy the game or movie or what ever. Thats what I'd do.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by jjyank@9 April 2003 - 17:48
    hello everybody, i am new to the forums

i have a problem, and i need some help...

every time i try to download this game i really want, Battlefield 1942, it turns out to be a different file 

why is this? do people rename their files "Battlefield 1942" when the file is really something like "Microsoft Word"

this has happened to me many times, however when i download music, or programs it always works...for example i downloaded Microsoft Frontpage 2002, whichworked on my first download

why is it every time i try to download a game, it is not really what it says, or am i juts doing tsomething wrong?

please help, I'm tired and frusterated
    Well now that you are a member of this site visit the Verifieds and you should be able to cut down on the bogus file downloading. As for why renaming is done, simple to irritate the hell out of you as in this case. One thing to take note of, if you want to be part of the P2P world, that's something you will have to deal with. No stopping it, use the Verifieds and you will be okay or at least cut down the chances.

Closing since it has somewhat strayed into :flame:...........

~CLOSED~
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123