Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Organ Donor?

brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    I renewed my driver's license today. I had an option to be an organ donor (in the invent of my death..I hope thats how it works...)I filled out a form of consent,without hesitation. This bothers many, that I have talked to...which puzzles me.

How do you feel about this?

Peace bd
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 06-18-2005 at 07:52 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Organ donation is a good thing. I doubt that those that don't want to donate their organs would refuse a kidney or heart if they ever needed one.

Be proud doobs.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    I wonder if anyone likes to have mantits when im gone.
    Spoiler: Show

4. Lounge   -   #4
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Afronaut

No need

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by Afronaut

No need
    where is mantit anyway, must be down t'pub with his mates

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    heh, I think manker said earlier he's going to do garden-beer or somesuch.

if that's you wanted to know.
    Spoiler: Show

7. Lounge   -   #7
    i need fresh lungs - anybody willing to "share"?
    Last edited by 99%; 06-18-2005 at 07:37 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie
    I renewed my driver's license today. I had an option to be an organ donor (in the invent of my death..I hope thats how it works...)I filled out a form of consent,without hesitation. This bothers many, that I have talked to...which puzzels me.

Peace bd
    I'm an organ donor as well, though I fear mine would be pretty useless after the punishment they've taken.

I figure if I'm not using them anymore, if someone else needs them, they're quite welcome to them. For that matter, if they want to use me as a cadaver in a university anatomy course, they may do so as well. I won't feel it.

I don't look down on those that don't wish to do the same. They may have differing beliefs than I do as far as religion and the afterlife. To each their own. However, I, like vidcc, wonder, if it were a belief thing that prohibits them from donating, would it also prohibit them from accepting a donated organ?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie
    I renewed my driver's license today. I had an option to be an organ donor (in the invent of my death..I hope thats how it works...)I filled out a form of consent,without hesitation. This bothers many, that I have talked to...which puzzels me.

Peace bd
    I'm an organ donor as well, though I fear mine would be pretty useless after the punishment they've taken.

I figure if I'm not using them anymore, if someone else needs them, they're quite welcome to them. For that matter, if they want to use me as a cadaver in a university anatomy course, they may do so as well. I won't feel it.

I don't look down on those that don't wish to do the same. They may have differing beliefs than I do as far as religion and the afterlife. To each their own. However, I, like vidcc, wonder, if it were a belief thing that prohibits them from donating, would it also prohibit them from accepting a donated organ?

Pretty much agree with all of that.

Sorry to see you have slipped into a comma btw.

Can I pick the organs I want when you shuffle off this mortal and so forth. I would put them to good use.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Retired
    I'm not an organ donor and I will never want someone elses bodypart when I need it even if its the only way to save my life.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 06-18-2005 at 07:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast