Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I found me a new home

How would I know mate? I have the same 4 'files' (6/14) being one of them for example downloading, though the speed continulousy drops out, they're 50mb each .. unless your talking of each individual article within each .rar?

( as you can see I'm pretty lost :p )

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by TRshady
    How would I know mate? I have the same 4 'files' (6/14) being one of them for example downloading, though the speed continulousy drops out, they're 50mb each .. unless your talking of each individual article within each .rar?

( as you can see I'm pretty lost :p )
    do you have DU meter or Netlimiter installed? this way you can see if you speed really drops.

Spoiler: Show

Is that bandwidth meter dropping? (with the purple color under time remaining)
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 06-20-2005 at 01:41 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Yes, the purple 'block' is filled with vertical thin white lines where the speed is dropping out. Would you mind telling me where I can get Newsleecher and wether or not that could solve the problem?

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Retired
    enable PM

check if you can download from other sources with a constant speed. check your PC for spy-adware.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    PMs enabled .. not sure why they was changed, possibly due to my shocking popularity of yesteryear :p

Currently using alt.binaries as my download source, downloading through browsers mantains speed, what advantages does newsleecher have over Gabit mate?

( and is it also a better? )

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    The fact is GrabIt is a great app to start with Usenet and is freeware also.
    Although Newsleecher is just a much better client overall...
    Last edited by RealitY; 06-21-2005 at 12:32 AM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by newcster68
    WOW! Reality tried to get me to switch to newsgroups for the latest releases. I always just passed it up cause I was so used to using bittorrent or IRC. I just followed his step by step tutorial and have everything set up and downloading right now at amazing speeds.

Thanku Reality for opening my eyes up..
    It's good to see a convert. I've been using Newsgroups forever,and I often wonder why everyone dosen't.

Peace bd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12