Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another nail in F1's coffin

Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Even so, we are still going to blame the French tyre makers.
    How convenient for the FIA. Every decision they've taken in the past ten years has proved piss-poor and yet they still don't get the message.

And maybe French tires are bad but we know how to spell the actual word, you mod.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    Michelin came up with a suggestion which they knew would not be acceptable, and when the obvious happened they used that as an excuse to blame the FIA. It seems they learnt that lesson from Chirac.

There's only one guilty party, and that's the people who brought the wrong tyres. Bridgestone had an alternative, faster tyre, but they didn't bring it because of the potential problem like they had at Barcelona. I don't remember the Michelin teams suggesting they should make things easier for Bridgestone at Barcelona.

And I'm quite aware how to spell tyre, it is an English word, not some strange American variant.
    Last edited by lynx; 06-20-2005 at 01:23 PM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    ...and as for Bernie Ecclestone.....what a jumped up nob...his wife is clearly there for the money, she is tall and beautiful and he is short and ugly. (miaow....sorry guys...felt like having a bit of a bitch as he is spoiling F1 for his own petty purposes, nothing to do with racing)
    I'm amazed you appear to have just realised this!
    Those of us that can remember Jackie Stewart behind the wheel have known about it for aeons.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Formual 1 is dead in the USA. So feck it was never alive.

It does well enough elsewhere in the world to probably survive. The American audience seems to prefer oval racing anyway, so F1 was fighting a losing battle. I can see why they would want to open the market, it's huge, but they can survive without it.

From what I can see there are no shortage of countries who want to hold a race, no shortage of sponsors who want to be involved and no shortage of manufacturers who want to compete.

I think F1 will survive this debacle (is that the proper spelling, Guillaume)

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    F1 > NASCAR

I can't stand oval racing.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Would have been still funnier with just the 2 cars racing though...

I'll get me coat

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    The FIA have decided that it's the teams fault and, accordingly, charged them with bringing F1 into disrepute.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/4631523.stm

Seems a tad harsh but it's far to boring a sport for me to waste much thought on.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12