Thread: Home Recording Song To Mp3

Poster
    I have done some demo tapes, and want to know the best way to get them converted into a format that can be published on the web. They are just originals..amateurish...sound quality not that good but it'll do?

Any suggestions welcome.

2. Music   -   #2
    Basically if you have a sound card you need to see if it has a line in, if it has you need to get a leed to connect this socket to to the line out on your stereo. If you have got a line in you will need the software to record the sound(mine came with my soundcard) Open the program, use the help- files if you neeed to. Usually the recorder proggy will let you monitor the level of the line in before you hit record to ensure that it does not over modulate. The music will be recorded as a wav file(these are quite large(ten times mp3). Then use a mp3 program(most are wav compatible) to convert the wav to mp3. Be sure to delete the old wav file if you dont need it. Or you can burn the wav file directly to a cd. Hope this helps.

3. Music   -   #3
    hugoharding's Avatar its changed since 02
    Whats the best software to record with?

4. Music   -   #4
    Poster
    Cool Edit Pro
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

5. Music   -   #5
    I just use the creative recorder, nothing fancy but works fine and then edit in creative wave studio, again nothing fancy but does the job. I dont record that much stuff but sometimes record sets on to cd from Decks.

6. Music   -   #6
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    chloe,

You will be sharing these right? btw, you should use that pic as a avatar
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"