Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: About the Swastica image on sigs etc.

Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    This is an official statement from me.
    I think the other Mods are sleeping still.

Clearly ppl think it is offensive in our forums.

There is no Freedom of Speech in FST:

5. Signatures and avatars will be restricted in size and content, and must not be offensive in nature. Signatures and avatars that do not comply will be removed or edited.
    The rules are there to make this place nice enough for anyone to post about.

I will be removing any swastika images I see on FST.

You disagree?
    Why be a immature kid and generally a pest?

If you got angst about posting swasticas on the net, please to posting in some other forums, thanks.

Personally, my blood dont boil seeing the swastica.
    But if other members think it is offensive i will be taking action by the rule nr. 5.

Anything to add in this?
    Spoiler: Show

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Only one i saw was a comical EA logo transforming into the Swastica, this being a refrence to EA buying out lots of other game companies and trying to controll the market.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    All started on this thread.
    I see enough ppl being offended by the swastica.

I just wanted to make a statement about this, maybe before we all got the swastica in sigs.

I mean, if the sig is offensive ie. ppl report about it, it will be removed.

Fair enough?

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    I'm offended by Chelsea sigs. Can they all be removed as well please?

Edit: (before this gets deleted by IKE this isn't off-topic btw, it makes a serious point).
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 06-21-2005 at 08:03 AM.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420

Edit: (before this gets deleted by IKE this isn't off-topic btw, it makes a serious point).

Hadn't seen that thread.

Chelsea > Cheese FC

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu

There's difference here.

As far as I know, chelsea is little beans compared to Nazism,
    which is why ppl are offended by the swatica.

There's some artists, teams in sports and what not that im not a fan about it,
    but that wont warran't the removal.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Afronaut
    I mean, if the sig is offensive ie. ppl report about it, it will be removed.

Fair enough?
    Fair enough.

I personally wasn't offended by the swastica, but when members actually start reporting it, that's when you know its offensive, and it's got to go.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by Afronaut

There's difference here.

As far as I know, chelsea is little beans compared to Nazism,
    which is why ppl are offended by the swatica.

There's some artists, teams in sports and what not that im not a fan about it,
    but that wont warran't the removal.

Okay.

What about something more ambiguous?

Say an upside-down American flag? One of those older postcards? Misspelled swearing? Pro-war sigs? Antiwar sigs? Hitler or any other dictator fuckwit? Anti-Wicca sentiment? Any religious sigs at all? Sigs representing extreme political views (ie communism, republicans...)? Implied cruelty to animals in sigs? Sigs mocking fat/obese people? Sigs mocking any individual? Sigs commenting on the censorship of the mods? Sigs seeking to free banned members? In fact any sig that might be deemed as not quite politically correct?

For instance, if someone was offended by the comments in your sig Afro on the grounds that you are discriminating against organised religion would you remove it? I don't find it offensive myself but perhaps a religious person might.

We'd all end up with pretty safe and boring sigs then wouldn't we? I just hope your criteria is kind of swastika and above. Not just what any old member(s) complain about.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 06-21-2005 at 08:33 AM.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I didn't report it, however I agree with it's removal. I also think those who used the image did it for shock effect, which was rather pathetic.

I think it is grossly insensitive to use certain images as a source of amusement.

I believe that images which promote or trivialize bigotry, racism or anti-semitism should be removed.

I am all for free speech. That includes my right to object when others say things which I totally disagree with or find distasteful. That seems fair.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu

Okay.

What about something more ambiguous?

Say an upside-down American flag? One of those older postcards? Misspelled swearing? Pro-war sigs? Antiwar sigs? Hitler or any other dictator fuckwit? Anti-Wicca sentiment? Any religious sigs at all? Sigs representing extreme political views (ie communism, republicans...)? Implied cruelty to animals in sigs? Sigs mocking fat/obese people? Sigs mocking any individual? Sigs commenting on the censorship of the mods? Sigs seeking to free banned members? In fact any sig that might be deemed as not quite politically correct?

For instance, if someone was offended by the comments in your sig Afro on the grounds that you are discriminating against organised religion would you remove it? I don't find it offensive myself but perhaps a religious person might.

We'd all end up with pretty safe and boring sigs then wouldn't we? I just hope your criteria is kind of swastika and above. Not just what any old member(s) complain about.

Hence this topic. Its free for discussion. What do we, as members think about these images etc.?

I dont wish to be deleting/removing anything here.
    But it is what I would do if it makes this place more enjoyable for our members. We dont want to be drowned by goatse pics and whatnot,
    atleast, that's what I feel.

As far as I know, we're going about in topic by topic basis.
    There's no list what is offensive.

If someone has a sig or is posting images that is offensive for members etc.
    it will be removed.

A lot of pics has been posted in these boards, not a lot of them has been removed.
    I'd say the percentage is tiny for removed images.

I'd say, my current sig is nowhere near to be compared to Nazism, hehe.
    But im an easy going guy, I will remove it if ppl finds it offensive about it.

I have no wish to carry on with sigs I know will offend ppl here.

Quite clearly, if that is the case, I would have heard about allready.
    The line in my sig has been there for quite some time now.

Of course, there's the chance that ppl will make hassle about images/sigs
    just because of getting the kicks out of hassling itself.
    It is teh intarweb, after all.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast