Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Batman Begins

Quote Originally Posted by Guyver
    did saosin really get arrested for trying to make a tc of batman?

No, all is well just like other groups their going through a dry spell. Remember Maven went away for a few weeks then came back and all was good.

Still havn't watched the flick myself

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Saw it last night, and can say that is arguably the best of the series (arguably because Batman & possibly Batman Returns are the only good ones in the series).

I thought Bale would be good as Bruce after Equilibrium and he didn't disappoint. Caine as Alfred, I was a little surprised about but he flowed through like Alfred was made for him Neeson seemed to steal the show in coolness in his scenes as the emotionless, mysterious saviour/devil, and Freeman I never expected to play a tech geek

My only cringing moments - The clearing out scene of the party towards the end (just seemed to lose the rhythm when considered how crap that part was), and the romance between Holmes & Bale. It's about as believable as Katie Holmes & Tom Cruise - Oh wait...

Most notable thing though was the psychotic scenes - Definitely not one for kids to see unless you want to possibly mentally scar them until puberty But a great movie that seemed (for once) to sacrifice action for storyline and background

If another sequel can be made like that, then there is hope for a revival of the Batman series

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Just finished watching the TS again(even though it's got a big chunk missing and the audio is out of sync for a long time), definitely my fav of the series, would like to have seen Keaton do this 10 years ago, only cos I think he has the best "voice" for Batman.
    Can't wait til a good tc comes out.

Caine and Neeson steal the show imho.

Bit of trivia for you, Caine's been to the Wayne mansion before, but in the previous movie(don't know which movie) he was actually the owner and not the butler!

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    Fantastic film, possibly film of the year so far? Bale was amazing as The Bat, and so were his supporting cast! Can't wait for the DVD!

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Just saw the movie!!! One of the best movies imo. Just got one question.... how did he make all thoes bats come and distract for him? What was that red light?

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Bats have super sonic hearing, so the thing made a sound so high pitched that humans couldn't hear it but Bats could.

I've still got to finish watching the end, i've got about 15 minutes left. So far i've loved it but;
    Spoiler: Show

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i saw it at imax cinema - which has an uber big screen, and eventhough a 3d movie would have been better it was a good film

shocked it was a 12A - the kids infront of us in cinema were getting scared of the scarecrow
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by gemby!
    i saw it at imax cinema - which has an uber big screen, and eventhough a 3d movie would have been better it was a good film

shocked it was a 12A - the kids infront of us in cinema were getting scared of the scarecrow
    i dont BLAME them that scarecrow WAS SCARY!!!! but i gotta say the scary version of Batman looked uber cooL!!!

after watching i must say.....

Batman > Superman

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    batman and superman you say ??

scary batman had a problem controlling himself - man couldnt stop drooling ...
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    6 / 10 as a movie
    6 / 10 action movie
    10 / 10 for batman movie
    Halucinationaloginetic parts 9/10 would have loved a leetle bit more

Gary Oldman - is this the first ever movie where he plays the nice guy?
    Rutger Haur(Wayne director guy) great to see him back in movies again (also in Sin city)

Loophole? - the microwave H20 blaster machine - are humans not made of 75% h20?......
    Frank miller is heavier more personal - this movie was less but as people above said everything is closer.

the part where he returns to cave and becomes surrounded by bats is fantastic.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234