Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: What do you use Newgroups for?

  1. #1
    In terms of binaries, what do you mainly download?

    I started off as a test wth Xbox games which is straight forward and amazingly fast with a large selection. But movies, and DivX films especially is very dissapointing as even a few popular films like 'mean girls', 'Collateral' fail to appear in any group.

    The search engines are just a bad when it comes to movies, what do you download from newsgroups mainly?

  2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    New releases are mainly the mainstay of binaries in most media so dont expect to find old flicks to often...

  3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    Quote Originally Posted by TRshady

    The search engines are just a bad when it comes to movies, what do you download from newsgroups mainly?
    You cant search by moviename.. most files are not named the same as the movie itself

    I download everything of usenet... (mostly DVDs)
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 06-21-2005 at 04:37 PM.

  4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    New releases are mainly the mainstay of binaries in most media so dont expect to find old flicks to often...



    Last movie I downloaded:
    It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

    there are lots of old movies on usenet

  5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    1,824
    simple answer is EVERYTHING!

    just got to know where to look are pay 1.88 a month for newzbin

  6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl3
    simple answer is EVERYTHING!

    just got to know where to look are pay 1.88 a month for newzbin
    newzbin coppies everything from the free index sites/programs

    All what is posted on FTD (dutch) is coppied on the newzbin site.

    so why pay when you can get it for free?
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 06-21-2005 at 04:44 PM.

  7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    1,824
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl3
    simple answer is EVERYTHING!

    just got to know where to look are pay 1.88 a month for newzbin
    newzbin coppies everything from the free index sites/programs

    All what is posted on FTD (dutch) is coppied on the newzbin site.

    so why pay when you can get it for free?
    the same reason I pay for anything, convience. The free site are nice but are limited too so many people. Plus I split the cost with a friend.

  8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,577
    newzbin coppies everything from the free index sites/programs

    All what is posted on FTD (dutch) is coppied on the newzbin site.

    so why pay when you can get it for free?
    Where do you get that idea?
    They download all the headers all the time and editors sort them out for the subscribers.
    Yeah,sure there are probably some editors that make use of FTD and such,so they know what to look out for.

    But Nezwbin just blatantly copying everything from other indexing sites?
    Nah,don't think so.

    hmm...asspie

  9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,867
    mostly movies and a few weekly tv shows. i get most of the new releases from usenet somewhere.

  10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz

    Where do you get that idea?
    They download all the headers all the time and editors sort them out for the subscribers.
    Yeah,sure there are probably some editors that make use of FTD and such,so they know what to look out for.

    But Nezwbin just blatantly copying everything from other indexing sites?
    Nah,don't think so.
    how else do they know which file what is?? because most uploaders don't include an NFO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •