Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you use Newgroups for?

download mostly new movies and apps in German language.
    since some great groups for sampling and audio stuff got screwed up i get them
    from from private tracker now. but newsgroups still great for other kind of stuff
    like games for pc and consoles and all kind of music.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    When I was using torrent, I really only downloaded TV and Anime, because of ratios.

However, I'm dling DVDs now. In fact, my current download is a 17.4 gig download!!! And, it'll be done in less than 9 hours. A file(s) this size would have taken 2 to 3 weeks on a torrent site. Even one that requires you to register.

As to the Newzbin thing... I don't know why one would have to pay... you can still browse for free... then just go find the files yourself. Right? I really think the free sites are adequate. If I'm missing something... it's prolly for the best, because I don't have the space for much more on my HD right now.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Mostly DVD-R's at 4.7GB. I'd love to get the DL DVD's but the discs are too damned expensive Maybe when they come down again it won't be a problem.

Also, PC Games & some DivX movies depending on their rarity.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    hugh.jeego's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    are newsgroups better than bit torrent????

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Yes in my opinion they are...

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by hugh.jeego
    Yes, there isn't quite as much stuff at any one time (as if you were using DC++ or Emule or lots of different private Bittorrent trackers) mee thinks but the speeds always max you out, and there is a good turnaround for stuff everyday loads more is added - so you never run out of stuff to download.
    You also get 0day apps and stuff like HDTV rips.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by hugh.jeego
    When I first started using Newsgroups, I didn't think so, because I was mainly downloading old things... entire seasons of TV shows... Anime Series and OVAs... but the longer I use Newsgroups the more I see those things popping up.

Also, NO ratios. FASTER downloads. (Sometimes) better quality video/audio. More variety. All this adds up to making the money worth it: especially because Newsgroups don't tie up your Internet connection. I can still download from Newsgroups and surf the net with little to NO lag, unlike when I was doing torrent all of the time.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    Quote Originally Posted by TRshady

The search engines are just a bad when it comes to movies, what do you download from newsgroups mainly?
    You cant search by moviename.. most files are not named the same as the movie itself

I download everything of usenet... (mostly DVDs)
    Agreed... I also use Usenet for discussion...novel..eh?

Peace bd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12