Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has annyone solved/fixed a rubik's cube?

lynx's Avatar .
    It's so long since I did one of those I'm not sure I can still remember the moves. But I know I used to be able to do it in a couple of minutes too.

The "official" world record is about 12 seconds, but that is just "official" championships.

The same site shows the record in 1983 as just over 17 seconds, but I remember several times under 14 seconds from back then. Seems the unofficial record is now under 10 seconds.

The fastest time for solving the cube blindfolded (yes, it can be done) is under 3 minutes, and that includes the time for memorising the starting position.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    I have solved it a few times myself, but the last time was 20 yrs ago

The first time I solved it I cheated though.... I got real close then pulled off the stickers and put them in the right place If I remember right, I had one square on each side the wrong color. My Fathers ex wife had promised $50 to my Sister and I for the first one who could solve it, she never paid out the money

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Retired
    The most expensive Rubik's Cube was the Masterpiece Cube, produced by Diamond Cutters International in 1995. The actual-size, fully functional cube features 22.5 karats of amethyst, 34 karats of rubies, and 34 karats of emeralds, all set in 18-karat gold. It has been valued at about US-$ 1.5 mio.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    I used to take the fuckers apart and put them back together to do em

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I haven't the attention span to do rubi*

*this is the 235th recorded time that the half sentence attention span gag has been done.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    I never solved it myself, I didn't have the patience. However, someone who had solved it told me the moves, then it was easy.

There were about 3 or 4 basic sequences if I remember right. Not sure though.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    HCT's Avatar WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Afronaut
    Quote Originally Posted by HCT
    there was this girl in my school who can solve it with out looking at the cube
    Riiiiight.

I could drive a bike without me legs, when i was a kid, and into it. and stuff.

Alltho I cant back that up with paperworks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    The fastest time for solving the cube blindfolded (yes, it can be done) is under 3 minutes, and that includes the time for memorising the starting position.
    see it is posible

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i have never finished one before, but i guess you have to actually try for longer than 5 mins to complete it
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12