Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: becarefull with bittorrents clients

RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by madden player
    First of all, I do not want to insult any ABC v2.6.9 users, but I have noticed weeks ago when I would check a torrents peerlist, them 2.6.9's always seem to be leeching and never seeding. Might not mean anything, but keep an out for anyone using that client.

Ohhh ... & check their mad ratios. 50:1 .. WTF. @ PiSEXY there was one 2.6.9 that uploaded 400GB & download ~3Gb ... bullshit.

I can upload @ 80KB/s & I don't know how they get them ratio's. I stuggle to maintain 1:1.

I hope I didn't insult any ABC v2.6.9 users, that was not my intentions. I know you are not all cheats, but keep an eye open for people using this client and if their #'s are too good to be true, they are probably cheating the tracker.

Report them ASAP.

Please.
    You really can't tell by ratios if a person is leeching. for instance, on bitsoup my ratio is
    Uploaded 250.06 GB
    Downloaded 60.01 GB
    Share ratio 4.166
    because I donated to the site
    Last edited by RPerry; 06-23-2005 at 07:30 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry
    You really can't tell by ratios if a person is leeching. for instance, on bitsoup my ratio is
    Uploaded 250.06 GB
    Downloaded 60.01 GB
    Share ratio 4.166
    because I donated to the site
    Darn, forgot about them donators

I still don't trust 'em 2.6.9's though.

250GB up & 60GB down & a share ratio of 4.166 would not set off any red flags for me.

When I see ratio's like 50 & they are using 2.6.9, it kinda makes me think cheater. I know I shouldn't assume anything. Sorry.

My intentions were not to insult anyone.

I am just a paranoid fool.

EDIT: You're selection of smilies rule
    Last edited by madden player; 06-23-2005 at 07:43 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Is that all bitcomet clients because there was something on pisexy, about some of the newer versions but i don't really want to change back because i would loose all my seeds/Dls.

I'm no faker (my ratios are actually quite rubbish) and when i first started using Bittorrents i will admit i was a terrible leecher, I have now defected from that evil path and seed everything i download until it is at least at a 1:1 ratio, although that is hard with some things that seem to have no leechers wanting my services lol.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    phaelox's Avatar MOo.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrav2
    Is that all bitcomet clients because there was something on pisexy, about some of the newer versions but i don't really want to change back because i would loose all my seeds/Dls.

I'm no faker (my ratios are actually quite rubbish) and when i first started using Bittorrents i will admit i was a terrible leecher, I have now defected from that evil path and seed everything i download until it is at least at a 1:1 ratio, although that is hard with some things that seem to have no leechers wanting my services lol.
    Use the new BitComet v0.59. PiSexy has unbanned it, as it now adheres to the 'private' key in torrents and disables DHT & PIX for those torrents.

I can recommend it also because it's better with your resources than older BC versions.

HTH

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    N!teMare
    i use ABC 2.6.9 no offence taken ...
    i've stuck with it because i like the gui, tried one of the Azeurus releases and G3 but didn't like the gui on either, way too messy imo, i like the simplicity in ABC and it's easy on my eyes

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I don't understand why uploading while you're downloading causes so much anxiety. It's not like it costs anything to upload...

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Xagest
    I don't understand why uploading while you're downloading causes so much anxiety. It's not like it costs anything to upload...
    It's all down to one thing, SELFISHNESS!
    I hope they find a way to catch and ban these vermin.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    thanks for the heads up

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    how can bittornado be banned? it's one of the most popular clients

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    i second that dodgy!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast