Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Game

When a downloaded ( and burnt onto DVD ) Xbox game is only recognised 10% of the time .. what could the problem be?

The DVD discs I use haven't changed, nor has anything else apart from newsgroups being the source .. though when it is recognised all runs well ( although seemingly slower loading ).

Any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    possibly NTSC/PAL issue?

My Blog
    I'm still here.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Version I have is Pal so should work fine.
    Have also tried burning on top quality media, as well as budget discs and -rw cd has also been tested, all work the same way. Rarely recognised but when done so crashes/dirty disc error after few minutes.

Am guessing it's a problem with the release.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Xbox won't read any types of CD. Try burning at a slower/faster speed. You say 10% of the time, meaning you've downloaded at least 10 and only 1 has worked fine, what was different with this fine release? Chances of 9 releases you downloading being fucked arevery small, also NTSC tv's and Xbox's have issues playing Pal games and visa vesa.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    By 10% of the time I mean the actual DVD I have burnt only works 10% of the time and most often is either 'unknown' or not recognised at all.

Nero I have only allows 6x or 8x .. am guessing that means my dvd can't burn any lower.

( for arguements sake, the game is the 'wrx-gtasa.part.rar' version of the game in ya sig ).

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    That version works for me. If you can burn at 6X you can also burn at 4X, 2X and 1X, try a different burner.

If it works 10% of the time and doesn't always fuck up at the same time then its your XBOX's DVD ROM, after a few years they go bad and will fail to read copied media.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I doubt it's the DVD drive as for one it's only around a year old but other discs work every time ( other burnt games ) without fail, so I'm guessing it's the release, which you say otherwise so perhaps it needs to be burnt at a lower speed.

Any idea how I'd get nero or perhaps another burning software to burn at 1x?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Alchole 120%

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Gave it a try and only allows 6x as the lowest

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Have you cleared out the cache folders?
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast