Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Stealth

Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    ID4 is a vile, repellent, vomit-worthy orgy of Patriotic Shlock appealing to the lowest common denominator. Anyone who argues otherwise is most likely blinded by the red, white and blue that dominates the film or has a hardon for Jeff Goldblum.

Couldn't have said it better myself

2. Movies & TV   -   #112
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    An entertaining movie through and through would be Aliens but that has patriotism too. Hell it does have the Marines fighting in it.

We just look at it as the Marines in the future and not "the US is the best and PWNS!!111OMG lOL!11!".
    I didn't really see much needless patriotism in Aliens, certainly not the ID4 cloying variety. But the marines are set up to act all macho in a gung-ho American way so as to make the aliens seem more terrifying in the film when they tear the marines apart with ease.

Ripley, our hero, doesn't give a shit about countries (or corporations which seem to have more control in the future anyhows). She just wants to save lives and kick alien ass.

If I had to produce an American Schlock Meter for both films to compare them it would read like this:

Aliens:

ID4:
    Last edited by Withcheese; 08-19-2005 at 08:31 AM.

3. Movies & TV   -   #113
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    An entertaining movie through and through would be Aliens but that has patriotism too. Hell it does have the Marines fighting in it.

We just look at it as the Marines in the future and not "the US is the best and PWNS!!111OMG lOL!11!".
    I didn't really see much needless patriotism in Aliens, certainly not the ID4 cloying variety. But the marines are set up to act all macho in a gung-ho American way so as to make the aliens seem more terrifying in the film when they tear the marines apart with ease.

Ripley, our hero, doesn't give a shit about countries (or corporations which seem to have more control in the future anyhows). She just wants to save lives and kick alien ass.

If I had to produce an American Schlock Meter for both films to compare them it would read like this:

Aliens:

ID4:
    I agree and just wish that the American soldiers in the movie would have stopped acting like American soldiers and Apone wouldn't have sprouted off that silliness about it being good to be in the United States Marine Corps.

ID4 could have done without the speech about mankind and had France come with the solution. I mean come on..."God forbid America do feck all".
    Last edited by Busyman; 08-19-2005 at 01:21 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Movies & TV   -   #114
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Saw stealth didn't think much of it,some nice special effects,poor storyline.
    Love the way topics wander off track

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

5. Movies & TV   -   #115
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    Do you think Stealth (being the shit movie everyone says it is) would have gotten to 100+ posts?
    Last edited by Busyman; 08-21-2005 at 08:08 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #116
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    Do you think Stealth (being the shit movie everyone says it is) would have gotten to 100+ posts?
    No, like I said I love the way these converations develop and wander off at a tangent,my off topic was meant to be a light hearted poke,carry on regardless,never started a topic that sparked so many post,perhaps they could make it a sticky

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

7. Movies & TV   -   #117
    STEALTH scored 12% on rottentomatoes.com, meaning approx. 1 out of 10 professional critics thought it was good.

this is what populist filmmaking gets you. the studios collect data on what scores well at the box office, what sells on dvd, they consult their marketing experts, they do screenings for test audiences and then re-edit movies based on the audience's reactions... and you end up with movies that play out like a crappy rehash of Top Gun mixed with a crappy non-interactive video game.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112