Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: emule speed

how can i improve my download speed ?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    The more you upload the more the faster your download. This is because eMule, which keeps track of clients that you download from, and put them higher on the queue. So the more you upload, the higher you'll be on other people's queue, and faster your download.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    It always seems like none of my downloads are going and all of my files are uploading XP

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Quote Originally Posted by Xagest
    It always seems like none of my downloads are going and all of my files are uploading XP
    Do you have completed downloads still being shared while downloading other files?
    The trick is to take completed downloads out of your shared folder - temporarily.

Keep in mind that I'm not suggesting that you become a leach. Once your downloads are finished, re-share the completed files and spend a reasonable amount of time just uploading.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    hell i've been downloading 4 files that are about 500MB each for over 70 days now, there is only one complete source, and i'm not even ½ way done
    do you see me crying? good things come to those who wait (and wait, and wait, and wait)

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Goes Rawr!
    Whoa, 70 days , sure crazy wait... What type of crazy rare movies or files are these

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    some british TV series, with only about a dozen other peers trying to dl it, we all have the same chunks. the releaser has a queue 5,000 deep so he's sharing alot of good stuff also.
    I messaged him twice and begged for a friend slot, or to up priorty of the files. but he didn't reply and i don't want to bug him because he might remove them from shared.
    even when i do work my way down in the queue and get a slot it's like 2KB and i don't get a full chunk

EDIT: but back on-topic, i do have the partials set to release priorty so any chunk i do get, i upload it to the other peers right away, so if they happen to get a slot from the releaser, they request a chunk i need instead of a chunk i already have
    Last edited by Vargas; 07-01-2005 at 04:59 PM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    It's worse when you get 98% complete, and the guy who has the rest doesn't show up for another two months or so.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by Xagest
    It's worse when you get 98% complete, and the guy who has the rest doesn't show up for another two months or so.

LOL I hear ya man :guinesssm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast