Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: How do i hide my files?

  1. #1
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Usa
    Age
    32
    Posts
    344
    i got some folks using my computer how do i hide my files on my computer or can i just use a password to protect it? so if they click on a certain file they cant look at ?

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    If you have XP, have seperate users setup (and yours has a password), and your harddrive is formatted with NTFS, then you can right click on a file or folder => go to properties => click advanced => then click 'encrypt contents to secure data'

    That makes it so other user accounts can't open those files or folders.

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    You can also just Hide them amost the same way:
    Right click on a file or folder, Click on Properties, then check the Hidden Box.

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    heres a simple easy program to do it instantly
    http://www.13ah.com/upload/files/hidefolder_xp.exe
    enable your pm's or pm me for crk

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Usa
    Age
    32
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by 99%
    heres a simple easy program to do it instantly
    http://www.13ah.com/upload/files/hidefolder_xp.exe
    enable your pm's or pm me for crk
    how do i use dis program?

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,435
    This might help:
    http://www.fspro.net/hfxp/

    What are you trying to hide huh?

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Goes Rawr!
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    349
    i detect pr0ness!...
    Last edited by SaYiaN; 06-25-2005 at 03:30 AM.



  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Usa
    Age
    32
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by SaYiaN
    i detect pr0ness!...

    lol

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Usa
    Age
    32
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    If you have XP, have seperate users setup (and yours has a password), and your harddrive is formatted with NTFS, then you can right click on a file or folder => go to properties => click advanced => then click 'encrypt contents to secure data'

    That makes it so other user accounts can't open those files or folders.



    IT WONT LET ME CHECK IT ITS COVERED UP

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineBeingX
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    If you have XP, have seperate users setup (and yours has a password), and your harddrive is formatted with NTFS, then you can right click on a file or folder => go to properties => click advanced => then click 'encrypt contents to secure data'

    That makes it so other user accounts can't open those files or folders.



    IT WONT LET ME CHECK IT ITS COVERED UP
    WHAT'S WITH THE CAPS?



    If the file name is green then it is encrypted.

    To test you have to log into another account and try to open the file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •