Thread: Internet Radio and PC

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    This has probably been covered already, but I cant find it. What is the best way of saving Internet Radio or anything playing on your Computer to hard disk.

I am using an antiquated method at the moment.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Music   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    i prefer sr32 (made by the same guy that made the now defunct kazaa-winamp plugin)

it seperates the individual tracks into proplerly named mp3s, it writes to the ID3 tags from the stream metadata, you can search for streams, and relay the stream to winamp so you can listen while it records without opening another stream from the server, you can set it to not write over a configured amount of MB, it can create a playlist.m3u file while recording so you can playback the mp3s in the same order, you can even configure it to only record tracks based on keywords you define

just make sure you edit the useragent to something else though, like WinampMPEG/5.0 in the advanced settings
    Last edited by Vargas; 06-28-2005 at 12:14 AM.

3. Music   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas
    i prefer sr32 (made by the same guy that made the now defunct kazaa-winamp plugin)

it seperates the individual tracks into proplerly named mp3s, it writes to the ID3 tags from the stream metadata, you can search for streams, and relay the stream to winamp so you can listen while it records without opening another stream from the server, you can set it to not write over a configured amount of MB, it can create a playlist.m3u file while recording so you can playback the mp3s in the same order, you can even configure it to only record tracks based on keywords you define

just make sure you edit the useragent to something else though, like WinampMPEG/5.0 in the advanced settings
    Thanks

4. Music   -   #4
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    funnily enough i came onto the forum to the very same question boab, great minds really do think alike lol.

nice post vargas gonna check out that program.

p.s, boab the disc u sent me is superb but part of it doesnt work :|

5. Music   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzz
    funnily enough i came onto the forum to the very same question boab, great minds really do think alike lol.

nice post vargas gonna check out that program.

p.s, boab the disc u sent me is superb but part of it doesnt work :|
    They are fly buggers. There is a free version on the web somewhere. Dont know if it is the same version(I got mine as a birthday present) . If not I will send you the original.