Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DVD burner suggestions

Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827152053
    I will get this one cuz it matches my color scheme Its the same, just silver
    Last edited by Mïcrösöül°V³; 07-01-2005 at 09:33 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Ya, I'm full of it.
    If you get the NEC you should check out the forum at CD Freaks that deals with the NEC burners. They have modded firmwares that in most cases will burn 4x and 8x disks at higher speeds. They also have a string about which kind of media works best with the original firmware as opposed to the modded firmware.
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    The NEC he's getting burns at 16X anyway.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    The NEC he's getting burns at 16X anyway.
    thats not what hes talking about
    the modified firmware makes it poss to burn 4x media at 8x and some 8x media at 16x

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Ahhh okay, although 8X media is cheap enough now, infact i recently wanted to get some 4X media for my XBox and couldn't find the ones i wanted, so had to settle for the slightly more expensive (Read £2 more {$4}) media.

I'd rather keep the offical firmware incase i start to find problems in the future.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Ya, I'm full of it.
    The NEC does burn at 16x, but only with certain media. Surely, it will burn 16x rated media at 16x, but it won't necessarily burn 8x rated media at 16x. This is where the CD Freaks forum comes in handy. The lower rated media is older and the retailers want to get it off their shelves so they will discount it. It does make a difference which media you buy. The modded firmware will speed up this older media. It's worth a look anyway.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Some very cheap media i brought about a month ago was rated as 8X (on the website and written on the disc) yet it burnt at 16X faultlessly, although it was handy, i would still like to have the official firmware as i've had issues with burners a year or so after i brought them. Just me tho.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    I flashed my 2510a to a hacked firm the day I instaled it, before I burned my first dvd

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl3
    I flashed my 2510a to a hacked firm the day I instaled it, before I burned my first dvd
    I waited at least a week.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123