Thread: SNES on PS2?

iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Alright, today I got an Action Replay MAX, it came with a little 16MB flash drive, to swap to-and-from my PC to PS2. It also came with a Media Creator, which can allow me to play Genesis ROMS on my un-modified PS2. This got me thinking...is there a way for me to play my SNES roms on my un-modded PS2?

2. Games   -   #2
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    i dont know about this but maybe this site might be able to help

http://www.zophar.net/consoles/ps2.html

you might need a modded ps2 but at least its a start

p.s dam your curveball scored !!

3. Games   -   #3
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Well, I tried SNES-Station, I can get it to run off of my pendrive, and I also put a few ROMs on there too, but it says there's no roms or directories found.

4. Games   -   #4
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Snes or PS2?

5. Games   -   #5
    uodii
    As far as i know, the only way to play snes roms on a ps2 are if the roms are on an actual cd. I guess the emulators werent built for any special hd/pendrive support. Since you said you got SNES Station to run off the pendrive, burn your roms to a cdr and make sure you swap it into your PS2. This works for me.

6. Games   -   #6
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by iMartin
    Alright, today I got an Action Replay MAX, it came with a little 16MB flash drive, to swap to-and-from my PC to PS2. It also came with a Media Creator, which can allow me to play Genesis ROMS on my un-modified PS2. This got me thinking...is there a way for me to play my SNES roms on my un-modded PS2?
    I just bought the Action Replay Max too. Sega Genesis emulator on an unmodded PS2 = awesome.

I (like most people) got SNES Station to run on my PS2 with AR Max, but it won't recognize the roms or folders.. here is why... =/
    Basically put, the reason why SNES-STATION won't recognize your CD is because the Max Media Creator creates UMCDR CD's & SNES-STATION was released before UMCDR came out.

Simply put, only PGEN can read CD's created by Max Media Creator because PGEN has support for UMCDR. UMCDR is a dead format, it was created in March 2004 by Drakonite & discontinued in April 2004 because Hermes of PS2 Reality was trying to use the UMCDR format to load warez/backups. Datel used UMCDR in the Action Replay Max Evo without permission from Drakonite.
    I wasted my last 3 CD-R's trying to get SNES Station to work, but it seems like it's impossible. If only Sega Genesis had better games.

Good thing my PS2 reads CD-RW's.
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 07-09-2006 at 05:31 AM.