Thread: The Crow: Wicked Prayer

Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Tagline: Passion..Revenge...Eternity.

The fourth installment of The Crow series, Luc Crash, the leader of a satanic gang of bikers murder a young man named Jimmy Cuervo and his girlfriend Lily for the purpose of a ritual to make Crash an immortal demon. Cuervo rises from the dead with the power of the crow to avenge his girlfriend's death, and to stop the completion of the ritual.
    No way as good as the original but not many movies are. However there were some good performances considering a poor script and talented acting by Furlong and in some ways Boreanaz made the movie worth watching. Looks like David Boreanaz is already type-cast as the wise cracking evil cool dude maybe he should have swapped characters with Furlong to rid himself of this mould.Tara Reid walks around trying to be the evil witch but her talents lie in her looks not her acting ability. Dennis Hopper, well , devil worshipping homeboy very strange casting.Overall not a great movie but no great disgrace to the genre .Watch it and make your own mind up its worth 90 minutes.

The.Crow.Wicked.Prayer.LiMiTED.DVDRip.XVID-ALLiANCE
    Last edited by Guyver; 06-29-2005 at 08:01 PM.

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Retired
    they should not have made sequels of The Crow.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 06-29-2005 at 08:04 PM.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    they should not have made sequels of The Crow.
    Yeh, without Brandon Lee its just not the same...

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    My "review" on IMDB:

Not that I expected it to be but this film was nowhere near as good as the original. In fact I enjoyed it even less than the other passable sequels it spawned. My main problem was that I just couldn't take Edward Furlong seriously as the titular character of this film. He was completely miscast and looked particularly stupid when dressed up in full goth gear.

And what the hell was the deal with Dennis Hopper? Using pimp-slang from the 90's for exactly what reason? It just confused me, made me laugh and then confused me some more. That's a big part of the films problem is that there was way too much light-heartiness going on when this should have been a darker tale.David Boreanaz just played his Angelus character from the Angel series which wasn't a bad thing. He was probably the only thing that made the film worth watching. Him, and the ever fit Tara Reid.

The story has some mumbo-jumbo about making David Boreanaz into the anti-Christ and to do this him and his group (all named after the Horsemen of the Apocalypse)had to go round and kill everyone they meet. There's a pretty high body count of innocent by-standers in this film which is always pleasant. I think they should have just stuck to a very basic level of spirituality or magic in the story, just had David Boreanaz and his group as "normal" cultist psychopaths and lost all the Anti-Christ nonsense. This worked well in the first film but they lay it on way too think here but I suppose they feel the need to up the stakes from other films.

I'd only advise watching this if you have a sequel fetish like myself. Otherwise avoid.
    I gave it 3 stars...