Thread: If You Know Your Way Around Access Than Look Here!

Poster
    i've created a database with access, i know, it sucks and shit, but it's for school. now i want to create a button which opens up a video. i don't know which command to take. i know it's gonna be a makro and i set it to open windows media player, and then it can maybe open the video by putting it like this:
    Command: Open Program(or what it's called)
    WMP Dir + "Ctrl+O+Dir of movie+OK"
    can i do something like that. i don't know and the help of course didn't help. maybe if you know which page in the access bible might help too.
    thx for any tipps.

Greetz,
    KraZaka

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    what is this dude on about, programming, p.s what is a macro. i have used them but never realy nown what thye do.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    micrisift access? do you even know the program? well you can create macros which you can give one or several commands to perform a certain task
    like open up a different database, or a program, or several other things. it's quite nifty. and why do you ask if you have no clue anyways?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    dude..used to do access last year for my IGCSE project..knew heaps then..now its just like leaked out of my other ear..

You don't need macros
    Just design a command button on a form and program the button to watch a video in windows media player.. as for the code..i know its possible, because another friend used windows media player to watch a video in a form in vb for his project.. as for how.. try a forum on vb code .. this isn't exactly the best place