Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft considering licensing Xbox to other companies

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Their smart it's the games that make money. Tell me I'm wrong but do you not see that in video cards ? Made by ATI , Powered by Ati ? Whars the difference . More studios making games for Xbox , We win again .

2. Games   -   #12
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    It isn't that the basic Xbox firmware they need to port to other hardware - It's the fact that they need to change how they licence the bloody dev kit.

For a while, Sony have freely made available a PS2 Community Dev Kit for ~Ł100 and built a development community around it. Although based mainly on PC technologies Microsoft only licence their dev kits, and Nintendo's dev kit you'd might as well saw your arm off if you aren't a developer.

And now (through gritted teeth I say this), the PS2 seems to have the more original games, then the Xbox then GC. Notice a pattern?

If Microsoft really want dominance, they can be more liberal with their dev kit and let more than the major companies create more games that aren't FPSs or sports/racing games.
    Last edited by Illuminati; 07-02-2005 at 02:36 PM.

3. Games   -   #13
    You can get the dev kits or the SKD in warez

4. Games   -   #14
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I mean officially.

You think any developer who gets the dev kits would happily sell their games on without the manufacturers thinking about the lack of their "official" dev kit?
    Last edited by Illuminati; 07-02-2005 at 03:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12