Thread: Nero Wont Burn!

Poster
    get newest nero

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    weird, my nero works great. its same version

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    I always download Nero of its website (www.nero.com), non of these files off Kazaa. I don't know where you have your current copy but the website is almost always the best. But back to your problem, when I burn CD's here are what my Nero settings are.

CDA Options --> Diskspace Strategy, Check Remove Silence at the end of *.cda tracks and Check on cache the track on harddisk before burning.

Burn --> Check Write (obviously =D), Check Finalize CD, Write Speed (My burner is only at 16x), Write Method - Disc At Once, Check On SmartBurn

For ISOs I have Track-At-Once and SmartBurn, under the ISO I have ISO Level 1 checked off, ISO 9660, and Joliet checked.

My Nero runs perfectly fine. I don't know if maybe you screwed up some options or anything =\ but maybe these will help.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I think you need to determine once and for all whether or not this is a hardware problem. The only way I can think of to do that is by trying to burn with another program. I don't recommend Easy CD Creator, because it's known to cause conflicts with Nero. The only other program I can think of is CloneCD. The only problem with that is that it only burns .ccd files (which it also creates). You would have to use CloneCD to create a .ccd image from one of your own CD's (or else download one if you can find it). Then try burning that image to a CD-R with CloneCD.

I know it sounds like a pain, but I think it'll help solve this mystery. If you can't burn with CloneCD, then you know it's time to buy a new burner. If it works, then we just have to figure out what settings are incorrect in Nero.

You should also try using a different brand of CD-R's, just to rule that out.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by EnJoi@5 May 2003 - 15:34
    get newest nero

Tricky kung fu! how?

(your sig)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    davidoff0005's Avatar Member
    tnx Nightwolf for clone cd idea but I tried and its not the hardware! I d/l-d the newest nero also (5.5.10.28) from www.nero.com but I ran out of blanks so I can try it tomorrow!

CDA Options --> Diskspace Strategy, Check Remove Silence at the end of *.cda tracks and Check on cache the track on harddisk before burning.

Burn --> Check Write (obviously =D), Check Finalize CD, Write Speed (My burner is only at 16x), Write Method - Disc At Once, Check On SmartBurn

For ISOs I have Track-At-Once and SmartBurn, under the ISO I have ISO Level 1 checked off, ISO 9660, and Joliet checked.
    I have the same settings!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    davidoff0005's Avatar Member
    ok balamm..I kind of lost U in the last sentence...?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    See if you can find a firmware upgrade for your burner at this site...

http://www.liteonit.com/english/english-lo...mware.htm#cd-rw

Read the link entitiled "How to upgrade firmware" if you need help.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    DEAR EVERYONE MY SIG IS FOUND ON ANOTHER FORUM IT HAS RANDOM SAYINGS DUNT WORRY ABOUT THEM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast